sneezing mouse - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

sneezing mouse

I've got two mice that keep sneezing. They are in seperate enclosures. One is a female in a 10 gallon fish tank with a screen lid and carefresh bedding. The other is a male in a large critter keeper with carefresh bedding as well. Could this be just an allergy to the bedding or a more serious problem? I don't see any gunk or anything being discharged from the nose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

The only way to know for sure is to change the bedding to something like yesterday's news (since it doesn't have dust). I would be worried about a possible URI so keep a close eye on them and call your vet if you noticed any other symptoms.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
The only way to know for sure is to change the bedding to something like yesterday's news (since it doesn't have dust). I would be worried about a possible URI so keep a close eye on them and call your vet if you noticed any other symptoms.
Thanks for the reply. I'll change to something dust free and try that. Would shredded paper towels/toilet paper (both just plain white, no patterns or anything) be alright since I'm a bit low on cash for the week? The male seems to have stopped sneezing so far as I can tell.

Tags
carefresh bedding, fish tank