Some advice please for a new rat owner! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

By the way an update on the first question I asked, the floor covering they gave me was pine. So I'm very glad I did my own research! I'm going to get something different on my way home from work today. Also, I got some lino tiles to cover the mesh floor in the cage, so that's my little DIY project for the weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Will It Ever Change?

perfect! no pine! gah it gives ratties the sneezies galore!! lino is great for the floors, easy to wipe. i'm a newspaper girl, i get them for free hehe

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Oh good, I'm glad you found this forum! I personally use carefresh. Anywho it's not all that hard to ratproof a room. My room is hardly rat proofed. I just make sure ther is nowhere for them to escape and I don't leave them unsupervised so it's not a huge issue. However if you do move the cage it shouldn't be a big deal. The cage is really their home and that will be where they are mostly so it shouldn't really matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

I bought Carefresh yesterday and changed it over. I did it in the hallway and left the cage open whilst I was doing it and they didn't seem so scared this time. They came out quite quickly and ventured further and even came up and had a sniff around my hands and legs They were still jumpy, but it's early days yet! Oh and thanks for the link to the food mix you make SugarLovesRats, they're crazy about it, and they're also crazy for grapes (they peel the skin off and eat the middle, so cute!)

Tags
female rat, female rats, food bowl, male rat, male rats, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, rat food