Sooo excited, breeding group coming together! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sooo excited, breeding group coming together!

I've already got Figaro, my dumbo hooded with a weird white mark on his head for a breeder. He's from a friend of mine, so I know his background, parents and grandparents though I don't have an actual pedigree, I do know this person has a strong healthy line. Then tonight we're picking up two dumbo hooded girls we've been waiting on that are fully pedigreed from one of the reputable breeders I was telling you about. Then Saturday my husband and I are going to North Carolina to pick up some dumbo smooth coats (haven't decided which color yet) and some dumbo rexes that are fully pedigreed from the AFRMA member breeder I've been talking to. What's great is that she has kept her two lines separate, so her smooth coat are in no way related to her rex, so I'm going to have healthy breeders from 4 entirely separate lines! That should really be the beginnings of a very strong healthy line!

If you think you may be interested in babies that are dumbo or dumbo rex let me know and I'll go ahead and start putting together a list. Some of these animals will be ready to breed as soon as they have had a reasonable acclimation and quarantine period and some will need to get a little more age on them, but I figured it can't hurt to have plenty of time to start a waiting list. That way I know I can get them placed.

By the way, I will be offering a 3 week health guarantee on any rat that is kept quarantined from other animals during that time, and I will be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet people. At this time I am not planning on shipping. I don't know enough about doing it safely and it costs a lot. That may change eventually, but I am firm on it for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:34 AM
RAT ADDICT

Good luck.Sounds like you know what your doing.And on your way to a new rattery.

I would love a baby...but I am just way too far!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah Van Rat, I'm not really sure my willingness to drive a reasonable distance is really going to help with the trip from Newfoundland And even if I shipped I really can't imagine the shipping cost of safely overnighting an animal that far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvboyrats View Post
Yeah Van Rat, I'm not really sure my willingness to drive a reasonable distance is really going to help with the trip from Newfoundland And even if I shipped I really can't imagine the shipping cost of safely overnighting an animal that far
Well I am not sure what state your in,but I once was going to have a pair of rex rats shipped to me from BC (the west coast),but it would of costed $120 or more just to have two rats shipped,with no gaurantee that they would be alive.I opted out after then!

But I can always admire your babies when you post pictures.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 06:12 PM

hey i have been dooing some reserch on shipping for small animals because im serching for quality breeders and most of them are out of state and will only meet me somewhere or will ship at my expence so i fount this site http://www.smallanimaldelivery.com/a...l-delivery.htm
they seem pretty on the ball when oit comes to shiping animals i havent really looked at prices but tat doesnt matter to me if i know im gonna get a helthy pet.

just throwing it out there cuz you sound like you are gonna have a strong rogram going and i soo want to get some more rattie buddies but most rograms that i find are out of stock or too far and wont drive or ship so just keep us udated cuz im gonna want some of you ratties soon.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Will It Ever Change?

cant wait to see pics of the new ratties!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks Erik, if they do what they say they do it sounds like that would be awesome if I had someone willing to pay for that. With all that's included I would assume it would be pretty pricey, but it sure sounds safer than the typical delta dash method. If you are interested I can put you on my waiting list. Of course it will be a while before babies because some of these animals I'm getting are young and all will have to be observed and quarantined before breeding, but I can just put you down to keep you in mind. Do you like dumbo ears? Are you interested in smooth or rex coat? Remember of course that for anyone interested in rats as pets only who promises not to breed, I have some babies of our rescue rat who are available for adoption, free to a good home with a baggy of food. They will be ready in about 5 weeks. They aren't dumbos but we do have some interesting markings.

Anyway everyone, last night we got two new breeders, our smooth coat brown and white bareback dumbo females. They actually are already about 5 months old and will be ready to go after an acclimation period. They are soo cute! I've never seen such awesome dumbo ears! We didn't get picks because we had to drive a little ways to get them and we didn't get in and get their cage all set up until late, but I will be posting some shortly. They are terribly sweet. I just love dumbos!

Tags
reputable breeder