Spending Valitines With Tattoie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Spending Valitines With Tattoie

Tattoie on febuary 14th will be 2 years old. XD I cant belive she has been with us this long but it seems like its been longer. We have been threw a lot and tattoie has been there for us threw it all that we are gonna have a HUGE party for her.
Tattoie has been threw a lot as well. She has kids still 4 trouble makers! her sons are working on grand kids for her, lol, and in November we has a huge scare. Tattoie got a Tumor. :O Which was weird b/c I used her for my picture for cancer awearness week as she is pink and then she wines up having it.
It started out as a little bump and she had a scratch on it from playing with the other rats, and I keep it cleaned and a close eye on it and nothing looked like it was going way I though abset or something. Then end of November it got bigger, after much debate and other rat owners some telling me get it fixed and some telling me its to much money and she will keep getting them proably and to not get it done. Well took her to Dr Shienkin and she looked her over and made an opointment the 28th of December which is the earliest she could do it as she was booked. She sugested other vets that might have gotten me in eaier but something told me best bet was with her. She has treated all my animals and my parets and something told me stick with her.
So with a date and tattoie on a deit with more vitimins as her cancer would take a lot out her we showed up the 28th, and the vet and weighed her she was weighed a little less then before. But after surgery she weighed a healthy weigt and the vet was suprised for how huge it developed how she keep her weight she though she would be skinner. The tumer weighed 159 g and she weighed after that 421.
Then 7 days later she went to get her staples out although tattoie had taken a few out her self and the vet said she may as long as it was not gapped open and kept clean she should me fine. Oh she hated for me to clean her belly and I sent pics every day to the vet of her staples. Then after words clean it some more for about 2 more week so know all I am alowed to do is some times give belly kisses. But I know how she feels I had my gul blatter removed the hard way and staples in my belly and in my knee and I hated the feel of it when being cleaned for a while.
I was so happy we got to pick her up that day. She was still sorta waking up and trying to come see us but kept wabbling. But she got chicken nuggests that night and frys and she is still being spoiled. The next day that eveaing she was out running on the couch and scaring me as she kept hoping up on the back of the couch on the pillows and being her old Diva self like nothing happend she asked the same as when she didnt have the tumor and did. But till she got the staples out she scared the crap out of me I was thinking she was gonna get to full of her self and pop something open. But she didnt. The vet enjoyed having her there it was a change of pet. She ushally hardly gets them in or sees them for surgerys or even a check up. But the whole office feel in love ith them and we took her cage mate strom with her so she had company. I dont think she or strom were put down while there. Tattoie was till she started to wake up and then then everyone took turns holding and talking to her make sure she ate and drank. Along with strom.
Pictures are graphic well the one is. Will try to post some of her staples and after words if it lets me it will only let me post these 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tattoies tummer (2).jpg (66.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Schenkein and tattoie (2).jpg (73.9 KB, 12 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Its not leting me post pictures for some reason right now. But as soon as I get my imageshack to work also and the one for here I will put up some more of her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh, wow, that is a humongous tumor!! I'm really glad they were able to remove it without causing damage... And happy birthday to her, too! It's awesome that she's still around after such a big health scare!!! I hope you have a great Valentine's together.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I really glad we decited to go for it insted of leave it like some people sugested we do. There have been some of them that told me they have gotten tumors removed but they came back but something told me to get it done. The vet was conserned about her age wise but something told me it would be ok in her hands. This is my 1st tumor since I started doing rats in 09. I had a pet rat as kid that had one that did grow like Tattoies that fast but she never made it. I am so glad tattoie did.
The tumor before removed didnt look that huge nore did it to the vet. But the vet said after removing it that she was surprised it was that big but alot of it was up in her that we could not see. But threw her time having it she eat and pottyed normaly which we thought after bite she wouldnt but she is a trooper.
Now all I have to do is think of a cake to make her. I did last year make her and the others corn bread and put honey on top of it with dryed fruits on top of it with some oatmeal sprinkeled on top and they loved it. And then made us a regular cake but I dont know if I should do that this year again just change the topping up or not.
Sugestions for a healthy ratty cake would be nice. b/c I can make so many cakes or muffins, but I would like to be able to give this to the mice/hammies/and gerbils/ and dogs to then again I could make them some rice and put in some can food for the cats and dogs the G-pigs and bunnys will get extra fruits/veggies. but some one knows some thing that I can bake that they all can have that would be cool. minuse the cats/dogs they can have thier rice and can food.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
laugh often

Im glad she made it through the surgery and recovery. I bet she had fun at the party.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Tags
rat pic/ tumor