Spooked Rats? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Amateur Zookeeper

Spooked Rats?

Today I let my rats out just as normal...they were acting the same. Climbing all over things, zipping all around, everything was normal. Then they went under my bed (but they always do, its not messy at all) and when they didn't come out for a little and after I called them out, I went to look down there. I didn't see them! I was so confused, I thought "How can my rats DISAPPEAR?" I kept searching all over my room and calling them and freaking, but I didn't see them or hear them at ALL.

Then I saw Marlie and Lola was a little bit behind. They were near my dresser but they were just sitting still and they let me pick them up. Usually they just run away. I put them back in their cage and they were pretty much fine. Anyone had an experience like this? I am confused and a little worried about them. Any ideas?

Also this is another little question. Recently my girls have been 'dribble peeing' when I get them out! I can feel that their feet are wet and I can see little drops on my clothes. They are only 3 months old and I was thinking either they don't know not to pee or they can't hold it, but its not like they are slipping because it is a dribble. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 07:48 AM
RAT ADDICT

First,the dribble peeing is scent marking.Yes,females do it too.Usually not as much/often as males and some females never dribble,but others do.

As for the under the bed thing,it is very possible something spooked them.They could of heard a strange sound,smelled a strange scent,sensed something...etc,even if you didn't...rats have better senses then us.Were your cats or dog around or anything? If they are back to normal I wouldn't worry.

My rats have done that too...something would spook them and they would run and hide or freeze up.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Amateur Zookeeper

The dog or cats may have been outside the door...sometimes Oscar waits there for me to open it, I think they are themselves today so I will just have to get them out and see. Thanks!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Tags
spooked rats