Squeeking question? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Squeeking question?

I haven't been on here in a while - sorry! I have a question, though. Schubert crys really bad whenever we pet his lower back. He's always been like this and we just thought he may be a bit of a wuss and left it alone, but i accidentally pet that spot and he tried to bite me! (he never bites) he doesnt walk funny or anything like any bones are broken. Has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That sounds very unusual. I think he should get checked out by a vet.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 02:06 PM

one of my foster dogs looked like he had been slapped/hit in the face alot. even after a year he still didnt like having the top of his face touched. i still would take him to a vet to get him checked out, but do you think it could be an emotional reaction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

it could be. we sadly got him from a pet store so he could have been abused. we are planning on taking him to the vet here soon. i just wondered if anyone had seen this before. its weird because when he walks and stuff he doesnt seem in pain or anything, he just FREAKS when you touch him near his back legs or lower back. makes me sad him and my other rat fight whenever my other rat tries to clean that spot.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM

I rescued a rat once who had been bitten on his hip and back leg by a dog. There were no marks or evidence of this but his disliked to be petted there.
Still to this day ive been tolled by his new family they dont dare touch it. Even though its healed by now, he just has an emotional connection to pain in that area.