Photos! Squirrelope! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Squirrelope!

hey guys, I know it's not the right section, but it's my favorite part of the forum that I always follow, so I thought it would be ok to ask you guys to help me out!
I entered a contest for christmas cards for a foundation that raises money for kids in Peru.
It would help me get my name out there as an artist as winner gets interviewed on TV!
If you could vote for my little squirrelope, it would be super nice I should have done a ratalope! haha
it's here!
http://pureart.ca/index.asp?Id_Categ...ges=yes&noVote=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I voted for you! I love your little squirrelope--it's so cute!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thank you !!
it's really appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Hello Earthling

I voted

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yep, I voted too, and I loved your cute Squirrelope. Very nice. Squirrels are adorable, I love em.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thank youuu!
I LOVE squirrels, they are so sweet. We rehabilitated about 90 every summer for a few years with my mother
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Baby Squirrel Adopted by Mother Cat

Awww, I would personally love to adopt about a jillion baby squirrels and be their adopted mother.

My husband found this news story on YouTube about a mother cat with kittens adopting a baby squirrel that fell out of a tree, and I don't think I have ever seen anything cuter than that little tiny squirrel playing with his kitten siblings and suckling milk from the mama cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBb7g...ayer_embedded#!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

P.S. on my last post...sorry to any forum monitors who may have seen my post with the baby squirrel YouTube video, as I just remembered that the video may have been too off-topic in regards to rat and mouse topics. Not sure of some of the rules on the forum, so if I should not have posted a squirrel video, apologies in advance! (But I hope it was okay..we just got on the squirrel topic and they are so darn adorable).

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

well my whole thread is completely off topic, so I think it's ok
My thread can be locked or deleted if it pauses any problem.
squirrels are really similar to rats in anatomy and they're also the same kind of personality, but they're a lot wilder and harder to take care of. As adults they need direct sunlight to get all their vitamins otherwise they develop bone disease. They also share the rat's intelligence and they usually figure out how to open their cage so you need to keep a lock on it!
We keep them until they can be released, and make sure we don't make them tame.
Sometimes, I wonder what would happen if you could cross a rat with a squirrel and what it would look like! haha
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That is so wonderful that you helped rehabilitate squirrels. I would be so bad at that, as I am such a pushover with small animals, I would never be able to let them go and keep them wild, even though I know that is the right thing to do. I am the kind of person that would want to wrap the little guys up in blankets, feed them treats, cuddle with them and have them sleep in my bed with me and be their Mom. Ha ha. So much for keeping them wild, eh? I am SO bad when it comes to that. I am impressed with you and your Mom being able to rehab them and release them. That is just awesome.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

well when you have 90 of them, it's easier to tell yourself you can't keep them!
It's hard at first, but then so rewarding to know you've saved their life and can do it again the summer after that!
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Absolutely. Releasing them back to where they belong must feel so good to do and SO rewarding. Kudos to you.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thanks
this is the last little squirrel my mom has been taking care of (my license is good only for NY state and I'm in canada right now)

She got it when it was just 3days old and weighed 9 grams!:
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

OMG what beautiful photos of this baby! Marc is going to melt when he sees this cutie all curled up. I just want to kiss that furry belly!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

she is super cute indeed!
She's doing really well too for a baby that had its mother only a few days, she was almost a week late in development but finally caught up and was transferred to another rehabber who had babies her age so she can really learn how to be a squirrel!

Tags
christmas card