Photos! Stanley strikes a pose and Russell makes an appearance - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Stanley strikes a pose and Russell makes an appearance

After the boys visited the vet today, they took a well-deserved nap. I decided to take out the camera, since it's been a while since our last photo shoot, and here are some shots I got today. Stanley was particularly showing off his hands today, and for all his fans out there, we've got a surprise photo for you at the end of this post that I bet you'll get a real kick out of!

Here is Stanley, striking his famous pose:

Here is camera-shy Russell at his water bottle:

Russell eating:

Stanley doing his one-handed trick. He loves to show off his luxuriously long fingernails. (Ouch!!)

And here is our surprise photo, one I've been wanting to get for a long time........ a closeup glam shot of the famous hands! Check out that long, manly chest/arm/hand hair!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

so cuuuuuuuute!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Hehehehe, thanks Dustette!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

they are adorable! you can always check those little monsters in the cutest poses

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Woo hoo! Stanley the Hand Master!! Fantastic close up of those gorgeous pink hands of his, I LOVED it! What a lil poser!! My husband is also a big Stanley Hand fan and he will love the new photos, and of course the new photos of soooooo sweet Russell! What a doll! He is such a precious, eating his food and drinking...just a cutie pie through and through. BOTH of your boys are such lookers Breyer! You must be a proud Mommy yourself eh?
Thanks so much for the pics! Kisses to your boys!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks you guys! Yes, I was happy to be able to get at least a few of Russell, since he's so shy around the camera it's usually difficult to get him in pictures. And Vlad, I'm glad you liked the close-up of the hands. I just had to include that one! Hope your boys are doing better with their meds, now. Russell has decided to give me a hard time today, and though he takes the Baytril just fine, it took me over 40 minutes to get him to take his doxy. Hopefully he'll do better this evening!! Hugs and kisses to Klausse and Wolfgang, and good vibes for taking their meds like good boys. hehehehe

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aw, thanks Breyer! I told the boys that Auntie Breyer sends hugs and kisses.
I now know how you feel about trying to give that darn doxy to Russell! Klausse is especially finicky and snooty about it and he knows when I am trying to sneak some doxy inside a treat or in a spoon of good tasting baby food, etc. I have to keep trying to be more clever than he is!

Marc, my husband (and the world's greatest Rat Dad) just loved the pics of your boys! I showed him the close up of Stanley's hands and he just loved it. He also melts when he sees pictures of Russell. I think my husband has a soft spot for Russell because he knows Russell has been sick and so forth...he always smiles extra big when he sees a Russell photo.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks, Vlad (and hubby! ) Russell is a little sweetheart, and it makes me sad that he is not as strong as I'd like him to be. In spite of his breathing issues, though, he continues to be as happy as could be, and always comes bouncing straight out of his cage in the morning when I wake up, and throughout the day. He loves to play on my lap, be tickled, and try to get into trouble! He really is a beautiful boy, both inside and out, and I keep reminding myself that regardless of what happens or how long he's with me, I always do everything I can to make sure that he is as happy (and spoiled) as can be. And I guess, in the end, that's what matters most. Hopefully, though, he'll be here for quite a while, yet!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Music to my ears (and to my husband...he will love what you wrote). I am SO glad Russell and Stanley have such a caring and loving mom! They are so lucky to have you, Breyer. Great post! I can only hope that Marc and I do the same for our boys, as we try to do every day.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks so much, Vlad. I love the support here on this forum!
Here are two pictures I was able to get of Russell tonight once he was settled down and ready for bed. He was actually falling asleep here, which is why his eyes are only half-open.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww, Breyer, what great photos! I just showed them to Marc and we just loved them! Russell is such a sweetie! And you know what? He has very lovely pink hands as well! He is going to give Stanley a run for his money in the hands department. Very nice!
Thanks for taking those extra photos...he looks so content and relaxed! What a cutie pie!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks again, Vlad. He had a few problems breathing yesterday evening, but about an hour after his meds (and one chocolate chip later) he was feeling noticeably better, and was able to relax. This morning he seems a little better than yesterday.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, poor Russell, I know how hard it is to see your baby having breathing/sneezing problems. Same thing was happening with Klausse and it broke our hearts seeing him make those chuffing noises. We are glad that he is doing much better with his meds. I am happy to hear that Russell is doing better today, that is always good to hear.

Breyer, you mentioned giving him a chocolate chip...is that from the theory I have heard that chocolate can ease breathing problems with rats? I was curious in case I decide I should get some to give Klausse sometimes but I have no idea if there is a certain type of chocolate that should be given or how much?

Give Russell (and Stanley!) kisses from me.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Playful Pup

I could give a hundred kisses to those sweetie pies! Great pics!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Official Loofah Tester

I know this is an older thread, but GAH I can't believe I missed this! Oh, ohhh, ooooooooo, eeeeee! Stan the Man has me incoherent with his supermodel awesomeness! And Russell, you squish! Let's hear it for the level headed non-showoff's. Though look at you modeling the hands there....you could do it if you wanted, but nahhh, you don't need that kind of superficial affirmation. Snuggy snuggy snuggy.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.