Photos! Steven and Vlad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Steven and Vlad

Here are two of my foster rats.These two rats did not have a good life...but are doing better now,they are also complete opposites.

Steven - the sweet,cuddly love.

Vladimir - the aggressive,biting devil in a ratty body.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, they are both awesome! And I know they thank you for giving them a better life, you rock! Wow, the Vladimir pictures are so interesting...Vlad looks kind of evil eh? Ha ha, just kidding, but his face looks like he is posing and trying to look evil.
But he is gorgeous though. Love the pics and so glad they are with someone who will love them.

Vladina (hey....Vlad is my namesake, cool!)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks...I am surprised you are the only one who commented...this forum has really gone down hill...

Anyway sadly Vladimir died last night.
I guess it is for the best,since he has a lot of issues,but it was so unexpected.

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am sorry to hear that. At least he got to have a comfy safe home at the end of his life.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh no!! What happened to Vladimir? Was it something specific? Was he ill? I am SO sorry to hear that...I really took a shine to him..he had a tough look, like, "Don't mess with me!" but I could see he had love in there too. I really liked him.
Let me know what happened? Does his buddy have other rats to be with now, or is he alone? I could not remember if you had more than 2 or not.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They are so cute! I'm sad to hear about Vlad, though. I was reading through the comments and it's too bad he didn't make it any longer than he did, though I bet he's glad to have known a happy home for at least a short while. I hope all your other ratties are doing well.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

they really are too cute! I started school again so hard to keep up.

RIP vlad. glad he got a few good days with you!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Oh no!! What happened to Vladimir? Was it something specific? Was he ill? I am SO sorry to hear that...I really took a shine to him..he had a tough look, like, "Don't mess with me!" but I could see he had love in there too. I really liked him.
Let me know what happened? Does his buddy have other rats to be with now, or is he alone? I could not remember if you had more than 2 or not.
Age probably.Both Steven and Vlad were over 2+ yrs old.He was acting fine that day,so I have no idea.The only heath issue he had was a deformed jaw and malocclusion,but his teeth were trimmed and he was eating and drinking fine...so I really don't know.

Steven does not get along with other rats,so he is alone.Both Vlad and Steven came together,but separated by a sheet of glass because they fought.Both were housed alone technically,only a glass wall separated them.

* Lisa *

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh, I didn't know they were over 2 years old. I am really sorry about Vlad.
Steven looks like a sweet boy..it is too bad he does not get along with other rat boys, but I am glad he has a caring mom! Give him a belly kiss for me.

Vlad
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Oh, I didn't know they were over 2 years old. I am really sorry about Vlad.
Steven looks like a sweet boy..it is too bad he does not get along with other rat boys, but I am glad he has a caring mom! Give him a belly kiss for me.

Vlad
Yeah,they are old boys.Don't look that old in the pics,but Steven is really an old man,always laying around.But he is incredibly sweet.I have tried introducing him to younger boys,but he is having none of it.He does love human affection though and is quite cuddly.

I will give him a belly kiss for you!

* Lisa *

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Newborn Pup

Steven reminds me of the first rat i had, Pratchett. he was supposed to be a feeder for my brother in laws snake but the snake wouldn't eat him so i took him and had him for almost 3 years before he died.

I'm so sorry to hear about Vlads passing. Im glad that he got to have his last days in a place where he was appreciated and loved as he deserved to be.