Stinky!? I NEED HELP! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation Stinky!? I NEED HELP!

OK I thought I could deal with the smell but not any more! I love to hold my babys but they smell funny.

The News paper was Ok. Now I wanna go back to CareFresh I went to go and pick some up the other day and HOLY COW the price is ridiculous! 5 bucks for the smallest bag of it JEEZ!

Does any one know a cheaper alternative to care fresh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Muffin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dutchess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Will It Ever Change?

aspen is the only wood bedding that is safe for rats, you can try it. i use carefresh and my rats small fine. check their sleeping areas to see if they'r epeeing in it (when babies my boys used to) and that's what made them stink, it wasn't really "them" per say, but their stinky habit

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Maybe you could try Yesterday's News? I don't have rats but use it for degus .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
laugh often

I use to use carefresh until it got way expensive so now I'm trying all kinds to see what will be the best alt. so far I'd say Critter Country is pretty good. It's pellets are made of grass and it kind of has a sweeter smell to it. Price isn't too bad. I mix aspen with critter country with my girls and just the critter country for my boys!

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 01:17 AM
RAT ADDICT

I use aspen.I also sometimes mix Yesterdays News in with the aspen.

Check to see if they are peeing in their beddings and any wooden toys they might have.Wood soaks the wrine up and wooden toys can start smelling really bad.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *