Success with Cheddar!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Success with Cheddar!!!

A week ago I was able to hold Cheddar for the first time without been bitten or having Cheddar jumping off my hand! 8) I've been lifting her with a plastic cup and dropping her on my hand. She's still very very afraid of me, but she's slowly coming around 8) She even ate a bit while sitting on my hand! hehehe I'm so happy! Here are a couple of her in my hand (you can note that she's very afraid, but not jumping off anymore!)

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

awww shes so cute

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Way to go! :hpydance: She's so cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 11:11 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Thumbs up

awww...she is very cute.

I know how you feel, my girls are very skittish lately, and I am also working on it with them!
I think you are doing all the right things, though. First of all, the best way to disolve a mouse's fears of you is to handle them more, even if they do bite or try and jump, because this will let them know they are in no danger, because they will always return safe and sound to their home afterward. And also, it is good to feed her in your hand, because that acts as kind of a reward. It gives her some incentive to be in your hand.

Good luck! I am glad for you and cutie Cheddar!

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

She is very cute, congrats on your success so far!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's great news!! She's just adorable too!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Thanks! 8)

I forgot to mention.. I've had Cheddar for around 5-6 months now... so it's been a long road since I got her.. hehe

Dimaris

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

omg! cheddar is adorable! i never had trouble w/my mice because i started holding them when they were a week old, and patch would do anything for food! i havent had the "luck" of being bitten by my mice
well have fun, she looks like she kinda likes you..........

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

LOL.. When I got Cheddar she was an adult already, and picked up of the feeder tank.. sooooo... you can imagine she hasn't been held much... hehe

Dimaris