SunSeed vs. SoftSorbent - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Amateur Zookeeper

SunSeed vs. SoftSorbent

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used Sunseed Fresh world bedding or Kaytee Soft Sorbent bedding? I have heard great reviews for both and they are both very cheap. I was thinking about using it for the litter box for my ratties, but I cannot decide which!

Any help is gladly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 01:52 AM
I am allergic to maths

I have heard that kaytee products arent great but I dont know about the other one
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Adolescent Pup

I love the kaytee soft sorbent bedding. I used to use it for my girls until where I work stop carrying i t. I was nearly the only person buying it. At 20 AUD a bag, no one wanted to spend that to buy litter. No one, except for me. But I liked it. Easy to clean, doesn't smell

Pita my blue female rat with Pandora, my champagne hoody.

R.I.P Pita - 11.06.2010 at the age of just over a year (a year the feb gone since I bought them, she was at least a month old when I got her)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Rodentologist

I've used the sunseed and really liked it. It reminds me a lot of "Yesterday's News", but a bit fluffier. Becuase it's heavy, it doesn't stick to the animals like Soft-Sorbent does (which is very light and tends to get staticky and then stick to poor rats (woe is rats).

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Amateur Zookeeper

Thank you! I have heard the same thing about the stickiness from the soft sorbent, it looks comfortably but I think the sunseed looks about the same softness just heavier.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have never tried either of them,as I have not seen either around here.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *