Surprise! I'm a mouse mom o_O - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Surprise! I'm a mouse mom o_O

So I recently moved to a new city and a few days later coming home to my apartment I see this little white blur run from my apartment door to the staircase. I take a closer look and it is a little white mouse with pink eyes. I put my hand out and the little thing came right up to it, but wouldn't let me touch her. So I went inside and came out with a coffee cup. She stepped right in.

I placed her in a square tin box with some soft tissues, airspace, and some water soaked kibble (pictures). Next day I set up a nice 10 gallon tank habitat, which she loves XD, along with proper mouse food. But she had this huge lump on her back. I took her to the vet and they dx an abscess (probably a cat injury), which they had to clean and drain, and gave me some medicine to take home (OMG the cost of that vet bill! Sheesh!). I can tell she's stressed, but generally okay and I think she will be fine in a few days. Poor thing. I named her Kismet. But how she came to my door, and how long she was out there alone, will probably always be a mystery.But hey, yeah, um, now I have a pet mouse! A "welcome to the neighborhood" type mouse I guess, lol.

A mouse pet is a first for me. I had gerbils for several years, so I know a bit about rodent care, though I'm sure there are species differences. Which is why I am here on the forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Okay for some reason photobucket crashed my browser and now I can't access the site at all. So I tried the attachment function, but it looks like I'll have to fix the files somehow to be uploadable. Too late tonight for me to bother. But I'll try to post up pictures of Kismet and her habitat later

Vet told me she is probably less than 6 months, and by the runty look of her probably a feeder mouse. But hard to really know for sure.