Taking a breather - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Taking a breather

We separated all our babies this weekend because they were at the five week mark. We have 12 girls and 8 boys all ready to go next week. For the most part all my potential buyers are ready to go. My mommies are alone together again in their big spacious cage. They are exhausted but recovering quickly. We didn't lose a single rattie!! Now I am definitely waiting a while before we breed again. That was exhausting!!!

The next litter will be rex dumbo, but a few months into the future. Probably just exactly as long as it takes for me to forget what it feels like to set my alarm for twice during the night to feed and change cages every day to every other day because 20 babies get nasty fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

HAHA, I bet they get a bit nasty, I think mine smell and I only have 4! Anyways,Congrats on the five weeks mark! Sounds like everythings gone well and kept you on your toes!
I bet you'll miss them though! Are you keeping 'Favourite'?
I hope they go to great homes and I'm sure you'll be glad to have a good nights sleep LOL
Good Luck and Congrats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh yeah definitely keeping favorite, maybe more, haven't decided, but definitely favorite!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hehehe...awww.
It can be hard and very exhausting! Trust me,I know.
Yeah,are you keeping any of them??? Favorite maybe?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
RAT ADDICT

LOL! We posted at the same time.I am happy to hear your keeping her!

* Lisa *

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:05 PM

Him. Favorite turned out to be a boy. This time seems like we had a bunch of people looking for girls and we got a bunch more girls so that seems to be working out. This is the stage where I just love watching them. Both cages are teaming with activity. It is hilarious. They are definitely at my favorite stage. Kara thinks I would prefer mice cause this is my favorite stage. LOL.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
RAT ADDICT

LOL!
As much as I love mice...rats are WAAAYYY better!
So how about some more pictures?

* Lisa *

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I believe we can make some more pics happen before we start delivering this weekend! They are soo precious! They are eating us out of house and home though! I'm so glad we only have another week of feeding them or our other rats might be going hungry! They are popcorning like crazy! Very cute! We've never really done the whole mice thing, maybe some day. Right now I have a house full of rats, some of which are still on antibiotic so my need to add more animals is temporarily on hold.

Favorite is soo cute, so much attitude for a boy. Last night he was climbing around the edge of the cage trying to escape. I pulled him down, put him back in the tank and tried to hand feed him a food pellet. He reached up with one hand and swatted the food pellet out of my hand to the bottom of the cage and then jumped back up on the edge of the cage so he could escape."Darnit I don't want food, I want out!"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Now that kind of spunky attitude is too cute!

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 PM

He barely even looked at it. Just put both hands on it and flung it down into the cage. Looked down and then started back to walking and seeing how far down it is.

By the way this morning they were doing something strange. I was on my way downstairs and looked in on them. They are kind of by one of the doors and I had to move another door out of the way to see them. When I did I found everyone else looked normal but the entire cage of boy baby rats were staring at the other door, the one that didn't move. They were all just frozen in place staring intently at it as though it had just done some kind of strange dance and was about to start again. Or like it had just tried to eat them and stopped when I looked. Either way. But they were frozen in place all 16 eyes focused firmly on that door not even noticing I was there. Strange bunch this one. Loads of fun to watch. There is always something going on worth a good laugh.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Will It Ever Change?

lol wow that's strange. silly ratties, little nerds!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 02:44 PM

That is so cute! Silly ratties!