Tell Me A Story - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Tell Me A Story

I'm feeling a bit restless tonight, so let's do something. As my screen name hints, I'm a storyteller by profession. I tell stories, and I collect stories. So. I wanna hear stories from you guys.

I'd like you to think of your favorite personal pet story. It can be a simple moment, a personality trait, something specific your pet has given you, or something your pet has done. I love rat and mouse stories, but it can be any pet you've had in your life that gives you a smile.

For a first story, I'll share about my dog. My heart dog growing up was a cocker spaniel who was more dog than any I've ever known. He was a beautiful and manly dog, solid buff and creme. He had the deepest bark I've ever heard from a cocker. People who heard him before seeing him always thought we had a lab or a boxer. I loved his face which was all graceful planes, liquid brown eyes, and silky fur-- completely unlike today's cockers with their inbred bug eyed smush faces and poodle skater fraggle hair . Cockers back in the day looked more like today's English Cockers, but slightly smaller more square bodies with a daintier muzzle and head.

We called him Bacca, short for Chewbacca, and boy was he. I lived in a rural area with a lot of land that a neighbor mowed and baled to have winter forage for his cows.

We loved hay baling season. Every day I'd climb a 7 ft high oval bale, and he'd do a running jump almost to the top, arching his back just at the right moment for me to catch him by the scruff and give him the leverage he needed to make it the rest of the way. Then we'd both challenge my cousins and brother to king of the mountain. Almost no one could beat us. Bacca would give a ferocious bark in the face of any kid dumb enough to try to climb up after us. They'd fall off nearly every time. He loved it, his little two inch stump of a tail wagging at light speed so that his tail feather whipped around in a blur.

Eventually, if we weren't pulled from our perch, the kids would all claim their own hay bales, but Bacca only picked mine. We'd hand out and sleep on the bales by the hour. We'd have soul talks up on the bales and he was a great listener, and in later years he always disapproved of any guy I dated. Probably because I told him everything. If a boyfriend came, Bacca would plant himself with his butt on my shoe and stare up sullenly at the poor guy daring him to screw up. Forget my dad, boys was afraid of my dog. There's never been a dog like him since.

Edit: I don't have a picture of my old boy, but I did a google and found cocker pic that looks a good bit like he did: http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Clyde-SheilaVessar.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 01-22-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'll think of a story I have, I have plenty!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyseeker View Post
I'm feeling a bit restless tonight, so let's do something. As my screen name hints, I'm a storyteller by profession. I tell stories, and I collect stories. So. I wanna hear stories from you guys.

I'd like you to think of your favorite personal pet story. It can be a simple moment, a personality trait, something specific your pet has given you, or something your pet has done. I love rat and mouse stories, but it can be any pet you've had in your life that gives you a smile.

For a first story, I'll share about my dog. My heart dog growing up was a cocker spaniel who was more dog than any I've ever known. He was a beautiful and manly dog, solid buff and creme. He had the deepest bark I've ever heard from a cocker. People who heard him before seeing him always thought we had a lab or a boxer. I loved his face which was all graceful planes, liquid brown eyes, and silky fur-- completely unlike today's cockers with their inbred bug eyed smush faces and poodle skater fraggle hair . Cockers back in the day looked more like today's English Cockers, but slightly smaller more square bodies with a daintier muzzle and head.

We called him Bacca, short for Chewbacca, and boy was he. I lived in a rural area with a lot of land that a neighbor mowed and baled to have winter forage for his cows.

We loved hay baling season. Every day I'd climb a 7 ft high oval bale, and he'd do a running jump almost to the top, arching his back just at the right moment for me to catch him by the scruff and give him the leverage he needed to make it the rest of the way. Then we'd both challenge my cousins and brother to king of the mountain. Almost no one could beat us. Bacca would give a ferocious bark in the face of any kid dumb enough to try to climb up after us. They'd fall off nearly every time. He loved it, his little two inch stump of a tail wagging at light speed so that his tail feather whipped around in a blur.

Eventually, if we weren't pulled from our perch, the kids would all claim their own hay bales, but Bacca only picked mine. We'd hand out and sleep on the bales by the hour. We'd have soul talks up on the bales and he was a great listener, and in later years he always disapproved of any guy I dated. Probably because I told him everything. If a boyfriend came, Bacca would plant himself with his butt on my shoe and stare up sullenly at the poor guy daring him to screw up. Forget my dad, boys was afraid of my dog. There's never been a dog like him since.

Edit: I don't have a picture of my old boy, but I did a google and found cocker pic that looks a good bit like he did: http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Clyde-SheilaVessar.jpg
I had a dog that was like that to me, she was 75 cocker and the rest pomeranian. but to me she was my besr freind and mom kept saying she was my little gaurdian Angel.
To me she was not a dog but a person and she had suck personality in her eyes that I always knew what she was thinking. She was a small dog but she would go with me when I went horse back riding and I have no clue how she kept up but when she got tired I would have her jump up and ride with me.
It was cool she would jump up hit my foot I'd grab her and pull her on up. I use to have her ride with me up front becuase she could fit but the older she got the fater she got and I riged my back pack up to put her in. The horse was so gental and he was speacial aas well he was not my but the neibors an they kept telling me that he was more mine that he was theirs I would reply he is no ones he is my friend he owns himself. you could put a child on him and give them the righns and then he would follow who ever around to give kids rides that could hold on as in walking the horse. but if you stood there the kid could kick him and pull on the righns he would not budge till you did, Know if it was an adult that was diffrent he had bucked a couple off for the simple fact he was a stubern horse. He was pur Quarter but his history lines showed way back Arabian from arabia and I always said he was Goldolph Arabian but I called him old man like the guy called his horse off of snowy river. Any I could get grady to do things that his owners could not but that didnt care they loved him and knew he was stubern but some of there other horse buddys would be like you have to show them whos boss and this is how you do it, (granted I belive in showing whos boss but not abusivly or meanly its simpler to jsut ask) and he would buck them off and one time ran a lady in to the open barn and she hit her head.
King Pin O'Grady is still around but Princess Laya is not she passed in 2005. which is cool becuase you story had one named chewbaca, you are a starwars fan arnt you? my dad had a germen names Wookie when I was little little. But her granddoughter the mellenuim falcon passed last year at 13 of cancer. She was also special and I could go on and on but I dont have the time time now. Later if I do I could proably tell you of the storys.
here are some pictures of laya grady and minnie. Lays was my angel on earth and minnie was my dads and she touched me but not like she did my dad and grady is one of my best freinds still. I still to this day am the only one that can say to him lets rock and roll and we take off like a bat outta well you know my freinds say it he stands there like yah right. They live acrost from my parents. and I always wanted a horse growing up and when they moved in they took me in as their own and they were like my uncles (there twins) and it was like a dream come true and still is. To me when I am on him he is not just a horse he a Unicorn and peguses, a nights horse and were on a crewsaide. As in when we are together I am a little kid again and I can forget all problems and just be in my own world, and 9 times out of 10 if I have a problem solve them by the time the rides over, same way with laya and minnie a walk with them is all it took.
I had to stop here I am getting to emosinal and if I cry I wont be able to type lol. Just remeber laya and minnie make me well up with tears becuase I still miss them. But its nice in the summer to ride with Grady and remember all the good times.

Laya and patches for easter

Laya me and Grady 2001 graduation

Laya and grady BFF life

you can lead a horse to watre but you can make him drink but she could lol

helping my dad work on my car even though she had cancer

She may have had her blond mombets

and her dont mess with the queen momnets

and her tom boy mements

and lazy moments but

She was always still a Lady.
Thats it for now.
Diamond

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

One morning when I was 12, my aunt called my mom. Something that seems pretty boring but ultimately changed our life!
My aunt said she'd caught a wild kitten running around in an abandonned garden. The kitten was for her accountant, but after catching the little ball of fur and being scratched everywhere by the ferral feline, the accountant left on vacation!
My aunt was also leaving for 2 weeks, and she had no one to take care of the kitten so she asked if we'd be so nice as to keep it for 2 weeks until the accountant could pick it up.
Arrived at our house a tiny little dark chocolate kitten, with long fluffy fur and green eyes. She was adorable! her face, ears and paws were darker brown, almost black.
She was sick and threw up in the kitchen and to our horror some worms were wiggling around!
We nursed her back to health, we grew attached to the little ball of fur that was so shy and wild and was warming up to us until my aunt came back from vacation.
Fifille as we had called her while in our care, was to be put back in the abandonned garden because the accountant decided she didn't want a cat in the end!
We simply could not accept it, and decided to of course keep her after having taken such good care of her.
Fifille grew up to be a gorgeous Diva cat, she darkened and her points aren't visible anymore and she is a ver dark chocolate brown and looks black unless the sun hits her, with beautiful piercing yellow-green eyes, the only thing you see when the light is dim.
Fifille only liked my younger brother, she would sleep with him, let him do anything to her, drink in water bottle caps for him when he asked her.
One night, Fifile didn't come home from her daily outing. We were not too worried as our other cat did that sometimes but, the 3rd day she still didn't come home we thought for sure we'd never see her again.
On the 4th day, my father came home and heard as he entered the front yard a small "meoooow" he called "fifille?" even though that cat never answered her name and ignored us and even growled anytime someone else than my younger brother held her, she wasn't very social.
As my father called, the meows got more intense and he saw at the edge of the garden Fifille looking at him laying down. She meowed but didn't move.
He went to pick her up and realized she seemed paralyzed from the hip down.
This is why it had taken so long for her to come home: she got hit by a car somewhere and had to crawl on her front paws only to get home!!
We had no money for surgery at the vet and asked my little brother what to do, he insisted we take her to the vet and see our options.
She had a triple hip-bone fracture and the leg on the side of the fractures was out of the socket and limp, her leg was cold because she'd dragged herself and cut blood flow to her leg.
The vet said we could either operate which would costs thousands, put her down or if she was strong enough she could be put in a cage immobilized for 3 months and see if the bone heals by itself.
My little brother and I insisted we try the cage method since we couldn't afford the other option.
My mother thought for sure Fifille the independant cat would go crazy in the cage but she was patient.
We brought in our friend who heals with her hands to try and accelerate the healing. Fifille would normally run away or growl at a stranger, but when our friend came, she was calm, our friend put her hands 1 inch above Fifille and a second later, she was purring!
Fifille had an amazing recovery, we did not even have to put the leg back in the socket, she started getting up after a couple of months by herself!
One day on the bed, my mother thought a bee had died in the sheets, only to realize that it was... FIFILLE'S TOE! The cut blood flow from the accident didn't get to her toe and in the end it dried up and fell clean off! Since she has long haid and it's on the back paw, no one can tell
The most amazing part of this story is that Fifille is now a different cat, she will not growl when you pick her up, she won't run away anymore when you call her name and she will even jump on your stomach if you're lying down on the couch to get cuddles!
I think she knows we had a choice and we saved her life the best way we could.

MY mother sent me pictures of her just the other day:

I'm not a very good story writer, but perhaps you can tell it to other people better than me
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
I had a dog that was like that to me. she was 75 Cocker, and the rest Pomeranian. But to me she was my best friend, and mom kept saying she was my little Guardian Angel.

To me she was not a dog but a person, and she had such personality in her eyes that I always knew what she was thinking. She was a small dog but she would go with me when I went horse back riding and I have no clue how she kept up. When she got tired I would have her jump up and ride with me. It was cool. She would jump up hit my foot, I'd grab her, and pull her on up. I used to have her ride with me up front because she could fit, but the older she got the fatter she got, and then I rigged my back pack up to put her in.

The horse was so gentle and he was special as well. He was not mine but the neighbors, and they kept telling me that he was more mine that he was theirs. I would reply, he is no one's. He is my friend and he owns himself. You could put a child on him and give them the reins, and then he would follow who ever around to give kids rides, who could hold on walking the horse. But if you stood there, the kid could kick him and pull on the reins he would not budge till you did.

Now if it was an adult, that was different. He bucked a couple off for the simple fact he was a stubborn horse. He was pure Quarter but his history lines showed way back, Arabian from Arabia and I always said he was the Godolphin Arabian. I called him Old Man like the guy called his horse off of Snowy River.

I could get Grady to do things that his owners could not, but they didn't care. They loved him and knew he was stubborn. But some of there other horse buddies would be like, you have to show them who's boss and this is how you do it (granted I believe in showing who's boss but not abusively or meanly its simpler to just ask) and he would buck them off. One time he ran a lady into the open barn and she hit her head.

King Pin O'Grady is still around but Princess Laya is not. She passed in 2005. Which is cool, because your story had one named Chewbacca. You are a Star Wars fan aren't you? My dad had a German named Wookie when I was little. Her granddaughter, the Millennium Falcon passed last year at 13 of cancer. She was also special and I could go on and on, but I don't have the time now. Later if I do I could probably tell you of the stories.

Here are some pictures of Laya, Grady and Minnie. Laya was my angel on earth and Minnie was my dads. She touched me but not like she did my dad. Grady is one of my best friends still. I still to this day am the only one that can say to him lets rock and roll and we take off like a bat outta well you know. My friends say it he stands there like, yah right.

They live across from my parents. I always wanted a horse growing up, and when they moved in they took me in as their own. They were like my uncles (they're twins) and it was like a dream come true and still is. To me when I am on him he is not just a horse he a Unicorn and Pegasus, a Knight's horse and we're on a crusade. When we are together, I am a little kid again and I can forget all problems, and just be in my own world. 9 times out of 10 if I have a problem, I solve it by the time the rides over, same way with Laya and Minnie. A walk with them is all it took.

I had to stop here I am getting to emotional, and if I cry I wont be able to type lol. Just remember Laya and Minnie make me well up with tears because I still miss them. But it's nice in the summer to ride with Grady and remember all the good times.

and her don't mess with the queen moments

That's it for now.

Diamond
Thanks for sharing these awesome memories Diamond. I lurve, lurve, lurve this picture of Laya. What a fat little saucy squishy she was.

I kind of suspected you were the type of person to be an animal whisperer. You strike me as someone who's much better with animals than people. Grady sounds like he came alive for you.

I had a horse in Jr. High and High School, a little chestnut quarter horse/racker named Jackie. There's nothing like going for a long ride to refresh the soul. Bacca used to go with us, but he and Jackie had more of a good natured rivalry, so no back riding for Bacca. Jackie would pretend to kick Bacca, and Bacca would pretend to bite his nose. Neither made contact, and to watch them, it was clear they were playing more than anything. Jackie would call for Bacca in the mornings, and they'd have a morning race around the pasture. And yes, when I'd ride Jackie, I felt like a centaur. I get the 'in your own world' thing.

And, Star Wars. Yes, I'm a big ole geek, and always have been. Sci Fi, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, you name it. We had a little Cocker puppy briefly about two years before Bacca came along. Her name was Princess Leia too. She was only with us for a couple of months. We lived near a busy highway at the time, and she ran into traffic one day, sadly. But Bacca was with us for 12 years, through 4 houses and a bout with heart worms that almost killed him when he was 3. He was such a Bigman.

I think they make us better people. I feel sorry for people who won't or can't have animals to love.

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustette View Post
One morning when I was 12, my aunt called my mom. Something that seems pretty boring but ultimately changed our life!
My aunt said she'd caught a wild kitten running around in an abandoned garden. The kitten was for her accountant, but after catching the little ball of fur and being scratched everywhere by the ferral feline, the accountant left on vacation!
My aunt was also leaving for 2 weeks, and she had no one to take care of the kitten so she asked if we'd be so nice as to keep it for 2 weeks until the accountant could pick it up.
Arrived at our house a tiny little dark chocolate kitten, with long fluffy fur and green eyes. She was adorable! her face, ears and paws were darker brown, almost black.
She was sick and threw up in the kitchen and to our horror some worms were wiggling around!
We nursed her back to health, we grew attached to the little ball of fur that was so shy and wild and was warming up to us until my aunt came back from vacation.
Fifille as we had called her while in our care, was to be put back in the abandonned garden because the accountant decided she didn't want a cat in the end!
We simply could not accept it, and decided to of course keep her after having taken such good care of her.
Fifille grew up to be a gorgeous Diva cat, she darkened and her points aren't visible anymore and she is a ver dark chocolate brown and looks black unless the sun hits her, with beautiful piercing yellow-green eyes, the only thing you see when the light is dim.
Fifille only liked my younger brother, she would sleep with him, let him do anything to her, drink in water bottle caps for him when he asked her.
One night, Fifile didn't come home from her daily outing. We were not too worried as our other cat did that sometimes but, the 3rd day she still didn't come home we thought for sure we'd never see her again.
On the 4th day, my father came home and heard as he entered the front yard a small "meoooow" he called "fifille?" even though that cat never answered her name and ignored us and even growled anytime someone else than my younger brother held her, she wasn't very social.
As my father called, the meows got more intense and he saw at the edge of the garden Fifille looking at him laying down. She meowed but didn't move.
He went to pick her up and realized she seemed paralyzed from the hip down.
This is why it had taken so long for her to come home: she got hit by a car somewhere and had to crawl on her front paws only to get home!!
We had no money for surgery at the vet and asked my little brother what to do, he insisted we take her to the vet and see our options.
She had a triple hip-bone fracture and the leg on the side of the fractures was out of the socket and limp, her leg was cold because she'd dragged herself and cut blood flow to her leg.
The vet said we could either operate which would costs thousands, put her down or if she was strong enough she could be put in a cage immobilized for 3 months and see if the bone heals by itself.
My little brother and I insisted we try the cage method since we couldn't afford the other option.
My mother thought for sure Fifille the independant cat would go crazy in the cage but she was patient.
We brought in our friend who heals with her hands to try and accelerate the healing. Fifille would normally run away or growl at a stranger, but when our friend came, she was calm, our friend put her hands 1 inch above Fifille and a second later, she was purring!
Fifille had an amazing recovery, we did not even have to put the leg back in the socket, she started getting up after a couple of months by herself!
One day on the bed, my mother thought a bee had died in the sheets, only to realize that it was... FIFILLE'S TOE! The cut blood flow from the accident didn't get to her toe and in the end it dried up and fell clean off! Since she has long haid and it's on the back paw, no one can tell
The most amazing part of this story is that Fifille is now a different cat, she will not growl when you pick her up, she won't run away anymore when you call her name and she will even jump on your stomach if you're lying down on the couch to get cuddles!
I think she knows we had a choice and we saved her life the best way we could.

MY mother sent me pictures of her just the other day:

Oh don't worry about your writing skills, this is such an awesome story. It belongs on one of those pet miracles type shows. That is so incredible she made it home to you guys. I'm so glad ya'll gave her a fighting chance. It's amazing how animals recover from things isn't it? So much better than you or I could.

And the fact that her personality changed? It's like she realized where her forever home is finally. I was grinning from ear to ear with this story! Thank you for sharing!

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Diamond I think grady is beautiful! and I love your stories!
Storyteller, I think animals are simply amazing and they get us and have feelings like us a lot more than most humans think. Whenever I have had a pet, they have always known when I was sad and how to cheer me up.
My cat Tia would come and meow at me and purr and cuddle, and now Louna is amazing at this too, whenever I'm sad she comes to me and either sits in my sleeve to lick my whole hand for never ending minutes, or she goes in my shirt and licks close to my collar bone until I speak with her.
Louna amazes me everyday how a little bitty rodent like her can have such amazing qualities and such a personality!
I call her Boudi most of the time, and if I say "boudi boo!" she knows it's her no matter from where in the apartment i'm saying it, she pokes out her head from wherever she's sleeping or will litteraly jump on the cage door to be like YES PLEASE TAKE ME OUT!
and she has this look, I talk to her and she stops and it's like she's listening to me and trying to figure out what I'm saying, and when I compliment her and tell her loving words it's not rare she starts bruxing and comes to sleep in my sleeve.
Sometimes she'll take treats from my hands just because she knows I want her to take it, she takes it, and then she drops it haha
When I put her on the couch, I sometimes go to the bathroom or go get something in the kitchen and I come back and call her, and she runs to the closest to me she can get on the couch and then I put my hands and she gets on them, so happy I came back.
Rats are SUCH amazing little animals, I didn't know them very well before getting Louna but I am completely in love. It's hard sometimes to think she won't live forever, and coming from a pet shop that gave her a URI I highly doubt she'll make it past 3 years. But we'll see, she might continue to amaze me as an old lady
LAst night I couldn't stop laughing, I had her on the couch and I was folding clothes, and I put my folded socks in one corner of the couch. She arrives in that corner, smells the socks and decides she wants to go under all the pile, she digs through them, pushes them with her head until she gets to the bottom and then ATTACKS! haha she started biting one of the pair of socks, it was too funny. and I re-arranged the pile a couple of times and she'd come back to mess it up and bite the same pair!
they are just so cute!
Storyteller, I can't wait for you to get your rats, you'll see how much they enrich your life If only my boyfriend could see that.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Ah. Yessss! For all those reasons, from sock hunting, to hand licking, buddy lufin, I can't wait until I get my ratties either. I've been trolling through this forum for weeks, trying to learn patience as I wait for my little guys to finish making. As I said elsewhere, I would have had them a couple of weeks ago, but both litters from my breeder didn't take and they had to be re-paired. I love hearing all the rat stories. The more the better. Good news btw! My babies' breeder has told me that my babymommy has gained weight, so signs look good that a litter is incubating. And, if the parent pairing dates are accurate, they'll be born in the next six days. Meanwhile, waitwaitwaitwait.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 01-23-2010 at 09:44 PM.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Our polydactl Maine Coon (yeah, a theme with our pets is extra toes) Orson Ryan Bigbooty, loved my Dwarf Hammie Onichambara (means Sword Fighting Little Sister in Japanese) They would lay for hours nose to nose, just happy being near each other. Once she got loose, and we found her by following Oby taking her canned cat food to her in her hiding place, his toybox (yes, my cats have a toy box!) So we had to get her an escape proof cage. When she died, he cried for days, and wouldn't eat. It was just funny to see them lay like that, he never tried to eat her, and when she was out sitting on my hand, he would come over and groom her, and she would climb onto his back and lay there. I never quite understood it, but respected that they had something special going on. Eventually he got over her death, and eating my cockateils became his lifes mission (Ellie Mae and Jethro) But every time I'd bring home a rodent carrier, he still has to check it out, I think he is still looking for her!

P.S. StorySeeker My rats are all Polydactyl, or carriers of that trait. I breed Himmies, and Black Self Hairless Dumbo Polydactyl rats (with the occasional PEW Dumbo Hairless Poly)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BigBootay.jpg (19.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg oni4.JPG (30.7 KB, 5 views)

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields

Last edited by TweedleDeedle3; 01-23-2010 at 09:45 PM.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

OMG. I love interspecies nature defying friendships. This is a groovy story! And if there's a cooler cat name than Orson Ryan Bigbooty, I've never heard it!

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Thanks Story, Oh and the blod cocker is Millennium Falcon Laya is the black one I dont know if I was clear on that is what I worte under there pic or were you saying that the blond one remined you of your dog?
I am loving these storys they are nice to hear from others that Animals are people to. It was always my belife and proably from my indian side and my moms teachings that animals are like angels on earth. THey are hear for a reason and place in our lives and not all but there are always the ocasinal ones that stick out more then the others that we just know are speacial. To my dad minnie and my mom she was their angel. To me laya was mine and Grady is more my wild free sprit or brother were the wolf is my Spirit Guide.
When my dad was diegnosed with cancer he was made an opintment and when they removes a 3rd of his stomice they found was not cancer like the test showed but a really huge alcer. Then my mom got that she was and they ran a lot of test to make shure. She was set up and they tested one last time and found nothing, we all were glad and considered it a mirical. Then when mom took the dogs in for their shots and check ups and all Minnie was diegnoset with it. for almost 3 years she had it and she was onyl the last 6 months had to be put one pain meds but it was not fastly progresing and the vet could not figer it out. She went off dog food even caned so she got what ever she wanted for about 2 years. hot dogs, hamber and rice, and more. I think she hung on becuase my dad could not and was not ready to let her go. To me she was a sister and the baby and spoild and we did not have a bond bond but and undeatadning that she was special but was not there for me but for my parents.
Then I found out that I have HPV nto long ago that cause cervical cancer and thankfull its treatable and the persider is a simple frezzing, But I found out in december early and wanted to wait till after the holidays which was fine. Minnie passed in augest last day attually, and I had been feelign well bad stomice cramps and all I thought it was the stomice flue that was going around. so did I have cancer and she like pased it in time?
Now her mother and brother live on. Jedi is going to be 16 or 17 this year and is blind in one eye and completly def. But she is like everyones dog that is just there to make us all happy no matter what and she acts like she is not her age up a puppy. Whyler is my buddy and layas grandson. Who we breed down as in started with lays to get full cockers. But he was like laya and after she went took over, he lives with my parents and is more like and over seer to all in a way. He never could quite do all Laya could but close althogh I never asked him to he just fell into sink.
I belive in reincarnation as in not every one but some. and my parents Englsih Springer reminds me of my friend who passed but the pup was born before she passed, Although I belive in it I know very little about it but I belive in posiblitys and that you dont to see to beilive beucase you can feel somthing is there. Nore do you have to feel it to know that its there. I dont feel all the time the strong fires of love that my other half carries for me all the time but I feel sparks or a burnign amber at times and sometimes it feels like nothing but I know its there.
And dont think she is my friend but that my friend who was goofy and clumsy shows me she is always with me threw the dog becuase sometimes when I look I see Padem the dog and sometimes her exspresions remind me or my freind crazy or not that is what I feel. Like my dog han solo I look at him and swaer I know him from some were you ever do that to people or animals like yot reconize them but cant place them and pets you know you have seen it around before. But my grandfatehr told me that when I died he was gonna come back as a dog and jsut for the heck of it make shure I get him and he was gonna bit me. lol so when I got han who was abused not to long after having him he bit me but it was my fualt with workign with him and all I was tryig to move him and I guess he flashed back and attacked. Well more less he tryed to nip me but got my finger pretty good, But as soon as he did it he went and hid but seemed to have my granfathers smile when he got some one. lol and when I said grandpa he cocked his head and then slowly came to me. weather or not him strange coinsident. lol
Well that is it for know
And you are right I get along with animls more so then people and prefure them mores so. that dont mean I dont got out and sicilize but its nice to come home and just be you with your pet, not judging, not drama, not OMG there crazy, just you and your BF.
MY pets are not pets to me nore do I own them they own me and have me trained quite well. they paly with ther water bottle I know its out they throw there bedding at me it means they are out of food want more and still have half a bowl they want out they clim the cage and chew the bars, they want treats they take here paws and strech them out of the cage, meow at me my dogs will do a trick with out me asking like ok I want I treat and I did a trick now treat me so yeah I am trained. lol
there so many storys I could tell you even one about my Black Lab Named Darth vader. lol but I will save that for another time. hey you shouls copy these and put down who they are by and draw pictures of the attually animsal and make a big book or sepreate ones becuase every story has a meassge that I have gonnen so far. and Publish them and use them to teach with I will let you use my storys. and its true each story told so far has a meassage and a meaning like esopps Fables (sorry not shure who its spelled.
Like Dustette to me your story to me and what I got is that the cat granted go a forever loving home but was stubern and more less uptight and like only your borher and in a way that cats do took you hospitality for granted and didnt respecate it much is she growled at you all and not your brother and was quite rude to you that way more less seemed like she didnt care for you all like did her but when she was hurt she learned that she had somethine valuable and that she could have lost it all. And for thouse she more less hissed at and turned away one that she took for granted helped her in the end and in return she seems to be nice to you all and I think she fiannlly may have leared to respect you all and learing the old lesson you dont know what you have till its gone only she was being showed and learned with a sign if thats the righ word to use that it all could have been gone becuase she was hurt but thouse of you that she wasnt bonded with and the one bond she had which was your brother helped her and also it teachs that even if some one done like us in a time of need you should help them.
Stroy yours to I got that it dont matter what color, religion, race or specias we are that we can be one and look at each others as equiles and as a family member or freind and not judge but just love and be happy.
Tweele your is stright from the bible as in the lion that lays by that lamb. Hunter will lay next to the hunted and eat grass as well. and I belive when those kinds storys happen and are told its like a sign from the big man hey I am still here and to let all know he still loves and cares. I may be crazy and it may be only me getting things. Mine are full of stuff and meaning i think so as in to me laya and minnie were like sisters like 2 humends and they were to me my sisters. we as bacca was like a brother to you as well as a bf. and to me Grady is like a brother. well thats it for know.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.

Last edited by Diamond01; 01-24-2010 at 06:22 AM.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
Thanks Story. Oh and the blond cocker is Millennium Falcon, Laya is the black one. I donít know if I was clear on that. That is what I wrote under the pic, or were you saying that the blond one reminded you of your dog?

I am loving these stories. It is nice to hear from others that animals are people too. It was always my belief and probably from my Indian side, and my moms teachings that animals are like angels on earth. They are here for a reason and place in our lives. Not all, but there are always the occasional ones that stick out more then the others who we just know is special. To my dad and my mom, Minnie was their angel. To me, laya was mine and Grady is more my wild free sprit or brother, were the wolf is my Spirit Guide.

When my dad was diagnosed with cancer he was made an appointment. When they removed a 3rd of his stomach, they found it was not cancer like the test showed, but a really huge ulcer. Then my mom got cancer, and they ran a lot of test to make sure. She was set up, and they tested one last time and found nothing. We all were glad and considered it a miracle.

Then when mom took the dogs in for their shots and check ups and all Minnie was diagnosed with it. For almost 3 years she had it and she was only in the last 6 months, had to be put one pain meds. It was not fast progressing and the vet could not figure it out. She went off dog food, even canned, so she got whatever she wanted for about 2 years. Hot dogs, hamburger and rice, and more. I think she hung on because my dad could not and was not ready to let her go. To me she was a sister, and the baby. She was spoiled and we did not have a bond but an understanding that she was special. She was not there for me, but for my parents.

Then I found out that I have HPV not long ago that causes cervical cancer. Thankfully its treatable and the procedure is a simple freezing. But I found out in December early, and wanted to wait till after the holidays, which was fine. Minnie passed in august, last day actually, and I had been feeling bad stomach cramps and all. I thought it was the stomach flu that was going around. So did I have cancer and she like passed it in time?

Now her mother and brother live on. Jedi is going to be 16 or 17 this year and is blind in one eye and completely def. But she is like everyoneís dog, that is just there to make us all happy no matter what and she acts like she is not her age up a puppy. Whyler is my buddy and layas grandson. Who we breed down, as in started with layaís to get full cockers. But he was like laya, and after she went he took over. He lives with my parents and is more like an overseer all in a way. He never could quite do all Laya could, but close. Although I never asked him to he just fell into synch.

I believe in reincarnation, as in not every one but some. My parents English Springer reminds me of my friend who passed, but the pup was born before she passed. Although I believe in it, I know very little about it but I believe in possibility. You donít have to see to believe, because you can feel something is there. Nor do you have to feel it to know that itís there. I donít feel all the time the strong fires of love that my other half carries for me all the time, but I feel sparks or a burning ember at times, and sometimes it feels like nothing but I know itís there.

I donít think our Springer is my friend, but that my friend who was goofy and clumsy shows me she is always with me through the dog/. Sometimes when I look, I see Padem the dog, and then sometimes her expressions remind me of my friend. Crazy or not, that is what I feel. Like my dog Han Solo. I look at him and swear I know him from some were.

You ever do that to people or animals? Like not recognize them, but canít place them and pets you know you have seen around before? But my grandfather told me that when he died he was gonna come back as a dog, and just for the heck of it make sure I get him, and then he was gonna bite me. lol So when I got Han who was abused, not to long after having him he bit me. It was my fault with working with him. All I was trying to do was move him, and I guess he flashed back and attacked. Well more less he treed to nip me but got my finger pretty good. As soon as he did it, he went and hid. He seemed to have my grandfatherís smile when he got someone. lol When I said grandpa, he cocked his head and then slowly came to me. Whether or not it was grandpa, it was a strange coincidence. lol
Well that is it for now.

You are right I get along with animals more so then people and prefer them moreso. That doesnít mean I donít got out and socialize, but its nice to come home and just be you with your pet, not judging, no drama, not OMG theyíre crazy, just you and your BF.

MY pets are not pets to me, nor do I own them. They own me, and have me trained quite well. If they play with their water bottle, I know itís out. They throw there bedding at me? It means they are out of food and want more. They want out, they climb the cage and chew the bars. They want treats, they take their paws and stretch them out of the cage. Or they meow at me, and my dogs will do a trick with out me asking. Like, ok, I want I treat and I did a trick. Now treat me. So, yeah I am trained. Lol

There so many stories I could tell you. Even one about my Black Lab Named Darth Vader. lol But I will save that for another time. Hey, you should copy these, and put down who they are by, and draw pictures of the actual animal and make a big book. Or separate ones, because every story has a message that I have gotten so far. Publish them and use them to teach with. I will let you use my stories. Its true, each story told so far has a massage and a meaning like Aesopís Fables.

Like Dustette. To me Dustetteís story? I got that the cat, granted, got a forever loving home, but was stubborn and more less uptight and liked only your bother. And in the way that cats do, took your hospitality for granted and didnít respect it much. She growled at you all, and not your brother, and was quite rude to you. More less seemed like she didnít care for you all like you did her. But when she was hurt she learned that she had something valuable and that she could have lost it all. And for those she more less hissed at and turned away? The ones that she took for granted helped her in the end, and in return she seems to be nice to you all. I think she finally may have learned to respect you all. She learned the old lesson, you donít know what you have till its gone.

She was being showed, and learned with a sign, if thatís the right word, that it all could have been gone because she was hurt. But those of you that she wasnít bonded with, and the one bond she had which was your brother, helped her. It teaches that even if someone doesnít like us, in a time of need you should help them.

Story, yours I got that it donít matter what color, religion, race or species we are that we can be friends and look at each others as equals And as a family member or friend, and not judge, but just love and be happy.

Tweedle, your is straight from the bible. The lion that lays by that lamb. Hunter will lay next to the hunted and eat grass as well. I believe when those kinds stories happen and are told, its like a sign from the Big Man. Like heís saying, hey I am still here, and to let all know He still loves and cares.

I may be crazy and it may be only me getting things. Mine are full of stuff and meaning. I think so. To me Laya and Minnie were like sisters. Like 2 humans and they were to me my sisters. As Bacca was like a brother to you as well as a bf. To me, Grady is like a brother. Well thatís it for now.

Nicely said.

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Adolescent Pup

This is not a story of my own but one I heard at work. Someone used to have a gerbil that would always manage to get out of the cage. She thought that the cat probably helped it since they liked to play together. When the cat got tired of playing he would pick the gerbil up and place it back in the cage!
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Story...my other cat (who believes that every Ritten in the house is hers) name is Lillian TopRameneesha Smallberries, and our other cat is Kai PringoLay Puffbottom.......of course we sound like idiots yelling at the cats!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Oh my dear heavens. This reminds me of a kids book called "Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants". In the book, the evil Professor had a Name Chang-o-rama 2000, where you could plug in your first name, and the first and last letter of your last name, and it would generate a new name for you.

Here's the link to an automated version of it if you're interested: http://www.scholastic.com/captainund...amechanger.htm

Mine was "Flunky Wafflechunks".

Tags
pet stories; pet memories