Territorial rattie... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Territorial rattie...

once again my thread is about my rat Rayray, but in fact he is not really that bad- once he is out of the cage that is. Now getting to the point, basically Rayray has started nipping people through the cage bars, I know you are altomatically going to think this is because I have been feeding him through the cage bars- I would to if no one told me, but I have not been doing that, actually thats been one of the things I've made sure my family did not do to keep them and sweet as possible- if you get me. however Rayray has started to try and bite people if they come near the cage bars or stick their fingers through reasently, although when he is out of the cage he is the most relaxed and calm rattie you'd ever have known, who loves a fuss...
so I was wondering if anyone knows why he is doing this or if I can help this at all? My other rat Pepper does not do this, however I also think Rayray is the dominate one, if neutering would help please let me know as that is the only solution I can come up with, unless you know anything else?- It is not that bad though, even though he will grab who ever it is until they bleed, both my rats are at that age now where they are maturing and I may just have to wiat until he gets past that stage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

I had a rat that did that. I don't know if it was because I did used to feed her through the cage and she thought I was food or if she couldn't see very well and didn't know what I was.Eventually as she got older she stopped doing this,but I don't know what caused her to do bite anyone that got close to the cage.She even bit my dog's nose once and made it bleed.Maybe you can ask your vet what might be his problem.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

ok, thanks

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Adolescent Pup

your very welcome.i'm glad that helped.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

Tags
cage bars