They're coming home TODAY! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

They're coming home TODAY!

Hey everyone! I'm SO EXCITED! Remember my thread about my baby boy ratties?

Well they're coming home TODAY! Their mama's foot got hurt, and the babies are just barely weaned. It's a bit sudden, but she needs the babies to go so Precious can rest. I think they're only 4 weeks old right now, I'll ask when I get there. They may be 5 weeks.

AHH! I'm excited! I'm gonna go haul their cage out of the garage and set it up, and go get my baby boys! PICTURES WHEN I RETURN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oooooh! I can't wait for pics!!!

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

I called to arrange a time. I'm going there in 45 minutes to get them =D.

Quick edit : I need NAMES. I'm thinking some kind of cool god/goddess name like Artemis or Juno... or really awesome names like Louie and Lestat. Recommend me some names. Of course, I'll pick the names that best fit their personalities, but I need some ideas for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

I got them! Let me go take some pics.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Congrats!

I can't wait to see those pictures!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

They're passed out asleep now, in the corner of their temporary cage =D. Too much excitement for one hour. They're little wigglebutts too! The striped tail one is a little more cautious than the split tail one. The split tail will wiggle right off the chair onto my shoulder XD. So I may need to spend some time getting stripes to bond with me.

Anyways, here's the pictures I promised!

I love the last one. "GASP!"
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Absolutely gorgeous babies!! I love the second pic. Congrats, they are just beautiful.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! They need names tho >_<... I really like the name Louie, and it seems to fit the stripe tailed one... but I'm not sure yet.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

You'll think of names. For both my pairs of rats, I had them for a couple of days before I settled on names for them. I like the name Louie, though. For some reason I think of Linus to go with that.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

I was thinking of Louie and Lestat from the Anne Rice vampire chronicles. The stripe-tailed rattie is very calm, not too adventurous though not afraid of much. He'll be a squishy. The split-tailed rat is very adventurous, hyper, loves to play with my hand, explorer type. So I'm thinking of naming stripe-tailed after Louie, and split-tail after Lestat.

Although I also like the names Malachai and Nikolai. Their nicknames could be Mala and Nikki, or Lai-lai and Chai-chai/kai-kai. So I'm not sure yet. I'll give it a couple days, and probably several more name ideas before I decide on something.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

YAAAY!!! I've been looking foward to when this happened! They are so cute! I love the piccy with the dog in it it's totally sweet!

Congratulations anyway, like the name ideas!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 AM

Cuteness overload!

They're adorable!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Today I'm heading up to a couple pet stores to see if I can find a new cage for my 4 boys. Oh, and you know those octopus tunnel toys for ferrets? I'm gonna get one lol!! My sister-in-law gave me a Petsmart gift card for my birthday, and I have wanted one of those things for a while now. Even if they hate it, I'll have a blast.

As for names so far, I think Mr. Stripe-tail is going to be named Louie. He's very snuggly, not as curious as his wiggly brother, though not afraid - just not as interested, and loves to lick you til your hand is wet. Very "lover" Louie.

The other one I like the name Lestat for, but not everyone in the house agrees so I may choose another name (I may not). I also like the names Lucas and Zane, but my heart isn't set on either of those. He's extremely curious, likes to run around and look at EVERYTHING. He's the first one to run up to you in the morning. He loves to play, and run around inside my shirt. He's nonstop movement, and forever curious about everything. So I need name suggestions. (Though Lestat isn't completely ruled out -- Granny may just need to put up with the name.)
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

haha, yeah lol. I'm so glad you finally have your ratties in your arms, you said they were weaned a week early, do you have to hand feed them cus thats so sweet when you have to!
Well I like both the names you have chosen to be honest, they just seem to 'fit' if you know what I mean. But then you could also try thinking of some twin like names like, hmmmm... Beanie and bag (beanie-bag) or something like that anyway if you know what I mean lol
I do preffer the ones you have decided on more though.
x

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

No, I don't have to hand-feed them. They are weaned, and she wouldn't have separated them if they weren't (she also has other lactating mothers). But what happened is mama rattie somehow twisted her foot and she needs to be alone right now in order to get better. So instead of keeping the ratties til they're 6 weeks she let them go at 5. They were 5 weeks old as of last Wednesday, I do believe? I wasn't sure if they were 4 or 5 weeks when I went to get them. She said they're 5.

But I will keep an eye on their weight and food intake. Worst case scenario is I buy some esbilac, right?

Tags
bird cage, cardboard box, cardboard boxes, pet store, pet stores, rat cage