Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
5K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Kendalle 
#1 ·
I wondering just what I can safely feed the girls. Both of them came from Petco, so they basically lived off lab block. Since I've had them I've started adding peas, corn and tomatos to the their diet, now all they do is hide the lab block under the bedding and gorge on the vegie's, is that ok? I bought these yogurt bannana treats and use them as a training treat, but I've been reading that too much fruit can harm them? They did discover my daughters cheerios this morning lol, they were fighting over the last one hehe. Gosh I thought rats would be easier than my dogs, but I find myself worrying more about them. I guess with any animal it's a learning process. Molly still favors her cage, she'll do anything to get back in, Maizy on the other hand....I can't say enough about her. We had her out last night, she was exploring the couch when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see her bounding across the cusion with something green...yeah she thought my lighter would be a fun toy lol. She'll spend hours nibbleing on hubby's whiskers, and she knows the difference between my daughter and I. She knows Morgan (who is 4) would prefer to sit and pet her than to have her crawl all over the furniture, so she sits quietly in Morgan's lap, and when she's finished being petted she comes to find mommy lol. Molly has made it aparent she does NOT like Kaycee (our dog) if Kaycee gets to close Molly gives her a nip on the nose and a squeek that says "get away!" Lol you'd think I'd given birth to them the way I ramble on :D

See less See more
#27 ·
I think granola would be great as long as it's not the sticky granola you get at the grocery store.

Theres a health food store here and they sell regular granola. It's lose (like what you would put milk on) and really cheap. I eat it all the time. i think that would be good.

#28 ·
pinkie1205 said:
I think granola would be great as long as it's not the sticky granola you get at the grocery store.

Theres a health food store here and they sell regular granola. It's lose (like what you would put milk on) and really cheap. I eat it all the time. i think that would be good.
I actually buy the loose stuff.I buy that in bulk.I don't eat it,but Chloe and Jason do,along with the mice and rats.I sometimes cook it and sometimes just put it in their dishes.

But the sticky stuff is good as an occassional treat,the fruit ones are best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.