Is it time to seperate? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Is it time to seperate?

ok so the babies are now eating some solid foods. but they are also still milk feeding. As long as they are eating solids can i separate them now or do i need to wait longer its only been like 3 and a half or so weeks my calendar it marked to separate on the 11th so it isn't that far off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

It is best to wait until they are closer to 5 weeks. It is normal for babies to start eating solid foods at about 3 weeks of age, but they are still too immature to leave their mother. During the next two weeks until they turn 5 weeks old, they will continue to nurse, but will also learn from their mother what foods are good to eat, how to use a water bottle, and rattie manners they can't learn on their own.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 06:04 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are mice BTW!
But yes,it is best to wait a little longer.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Adolescent Pup

Oh mice might be different then! I'm only familiar with rats and made an assumption that's what these were. Oops!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorraia View Post
Oh mice might be different then! I'm only familiar with rats and made an assumption that's what these were. Oops!
I do this ALL the time

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yeah,thats okay.
She has other posts about them.
But mice are generally the same as rats when it comes to weaning/seperating and that.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ok thanks guys just wanted to make sure

Pet's name: Candy

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Tags
eating, mice, seperating