tumor??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy tumor???

My rat has something on her neck that I just noticed I don't know if its a tumor Im really scared cause I don't know what it is. It could be fluid? I don't know but I don't have money for a vet so I need help I'm scared. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Honestly you don't want to hear this but take her to a vet. If it is a tumor it can be removed. If it is a tumor it can get bigger and take over her.

*Missy*
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 04:07 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

hmmmm... I'm not realy sure. It would be best to take her to a vet. If it is squidgy and fluidy it could just be a benign tumour which is harmless but it grows bigger and bigger and can get painful. If it is hard than it's cancer, but I don't think it is that. Also it could just be a cist, in which case all your vet will need to do is remove the liquid inside it and clean the wound left.
Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks it is squishy and fluid. I really really want to take her to a vet but I dont have much money and my parents wont pay for it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Can't you make a deal with your parents or something?
I mean, it won't harm her if it is not removed, but it can get slightly painful and she will pass away, but my friend had a rat that had a benign tumour and she didn't get it removed because she didn't want her rat to go through the stress of recovering from sergury and it was about 2-3 months before the rat passed away.
i wish the best of luck to you! && one thing, why won't your parents pay? can't you talk to them and get them to pay and you'll pay them back, or split the bill in half or something? Or if you have enough to pay half than you pay half nd they pay half and than you pay back your parents when you get the money? Just let them know how much it would mean to you!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Why would your parents not pay? How can they let you have animals and not be willing to pay if they get sick etc knowing you dont have the money? If you cannot afford the vet you cannot afford the pet thats my motto! I hope your rattie is ok and doesnt become in pain x

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys but Im so happy cause I think I negotiated a deal with my parents lol. They said that I could pay for the gas cause its so expensive ya know? Anyway I pay for the gas to the vets. They gonna pay the actual vet cost. But are taking it out of my allowance
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Thats cool! Little rattie gets the vet treatment afterall x

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Don't panic until the vet says something though. It could be an easily removed benign tumor. It could even be as simple as an abscess. Update us when you know.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I will! Im not sure though I think she will have to wait a couple weeks because we are leaving on vacation this coming saturday and with school and all I dont have time and we will be gone for a week so it will be like 2 weeks before I can take her is that ok?
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Maybe, maybe not. It could be really important for her to see a vet. There's no telling how important until you go. Rats are small animals with fast metabolisms and if there is something wrong she can go down hill very quickly. If I were you I would take her as soon as possible and definitely make time before you go on vacation. It sucks, but part of being an adult with animals is the fact that they always need to go to the vet when you have no time and less money. She's depending on you to make sure that she gets the care she needs and doesn't suffer.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

I dont mean to upset anyone here but surely if you know your animal has something wrong with it you wouldnt want to make it wait for another 2-3 weeks just incase it is something major and he/she may end up in pain whilst you are away? I had 8 rats (now 7) and the first sign of the sniffles or anything they are taken straight to the vet! My Missy that passed away was ALWAYS catching RI's etc but as soon as i noticed her sneezing etc she was to the vet and on meds. She lost a LOT of weight and again i took her straight to the vet and paid for her to have x-rays etc only for her to go and die a few weeks later but because i LOVE my animals and i decided to take them on in the first place i make sure i do my upmost to get them the proper care they need. I would suggest taking your rattie to the vet BEFORE you go away as it may be too late by the time you come back and he/she may suffer. it doesnt take 5 mins to speak to a vet!!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Ok thank you I would really like to take her to the vet as soon as possible. We are going down in that area but I dont know if I can take her though because the reason we are going is to shop and we cant keep a rat with us shopping all day. And thats pretty much the only time I have before we leave and I dont know if my mom will be willing to go down the hill 2 days in a row. Is there any way I could take her to the vet in the morning and drop her off and pick her up later???
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

You have to ask the vet if you can drop her off and pick her up later that day.

*Missy*
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Ask the vet and see what they say!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!