Two Mouse Pics - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wink Two Mouse Pics

I know I promised mouse pics today, but I only have two pics of one of the girls because I didn't want to disturb them too much today. I named her Isabella. I figured with the way they've been treated, they deserve to have royal names! The other adult will be called Guinivere. I need one more name for the little baby girl. Anyway, here's Isabella and I will post more pics tomorrow. She is really nice and surprisingly tame. All of them are.

BTW, her belly is really firm and round underneath. The people at the pet store said she is full of milk. Does she look pregnant to you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 11:46 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Wow! It looks like you have a Himalayan mouse!!! Are her eyes ruby???

It also doesn't seem that she looks pregnant, but I can't really tell.
She's beautiful!!!

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks! Yeah I think her eyes are ruby. Hopefully she's not pregnant. I'll take some more pics and get better belly pics tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

K I decided not to name the other adult Guinevere. I need something a little more spirited sounding. Hmmm But I think I might name the baby Branwen, because it goes with the arthurian theme and seems to fit her. She is soooo tiny. She is half the size of my thumb, and I have tiny fingers! She's prob the size of a quarter, not including her tail, but she is a fiesty little thing and surprisingly independent!

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

wow! they were gonna feed her to a snake? shes adorable! i have never seen a mouse like that b4! shes so pretty

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Steph she's beautiful

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 06:30 AM

Shes gorgeous.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

She is a cutie...

I cant wait to see the other mousies too!

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

What a pretty girl! What is the gestation period of mice? Is it possible to feel her belly and tell if she is pregnant? I remember doing the "tummy test" on my female chinnies when I was breeding and their bellies always felt firm.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
What a pretty girl! What is the gestation period of mice? Is it possible to feel her belly and tell if she is pregnant? I remember doing the "tummy test" on my female chinnies when I was breeding and their bellies always felt firm.
Thank you for the compliments!

Denise I'm not sure. I think the gestation period is about 3 weeks. I looked up some pics on the net and she does look something like those pics, but not as large. When I hold her, her belly feels round and firm. I'm not experienced with mice so it could possibly be that she's just lactating. I don't know though. I'm suspicious that she might be pregnant. I've noticed that the baby sticks with the other adult, so she could possibly be the baby's mommy. Isabella tends to keep to herself for the most part. They all sleep near each other but not in a pile like the ratties do. The baby sleeps with her mommy, and Isabella sleeps nearby. She is a lot more active than the other two. I don't know. If she does have a litter, I hope its not more than 10! I'll keep you guys updated and do some more research on the net. I will post more pics today.

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:39 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

If she has ruby eyes then I believe, from what I can tell by the pic, she is defnitely a Himalayan, which is a rare coat pattern to find! And a beautiful one, so her royal name is aweosme! haha

What about naming one Juliette?

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TareG
If she has ruby eyes then I believe, from what I can tell by the pic, she is defnitely a Himalayan, which is a rare coat pattern to find! And a beautiful one, so her royal name is aweosme! haha

What about naming one Juliette?
Wow, a rare find? And to think what she was going to be used for! She does have ruby eyes BTW. The other adult has really pretty fur too. She almost looks like marble. I will post pics soon!

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

I forgot to mention that this pet store is kind of a hole in the wall and the people that work there are young teenagers. They probably don't even know what they have! So it doesn't surprise me that they would sell a himlayan as snakefood. So sad.

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Stinky Liverbrain

Awww, Steph! She's beautiful!!!! I just love colorpoints! And her name is very pretty (My best friend's dog is called Isabella) 8) I don't know if she is pregnant.. there is hope that she isn't mice do have a kinda round belly. When I got my first mice, I thought I had 2 pregnant, but a month passed, and they didn't gave birth.. but kept that round belly. I wish you luck and hope that they aren't. If she is, you can send me a colorpoint baby. 8) LOL I can't wait to see pics of the other 2.

Dimaris

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, she's a doll!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
gestation period, humane society, pet shop, pet store, pet stores, snake food, syrian hamster, syrian hamsters