Photos! Update on my rat boys :D - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Update on my rat boys :D

My boys are now Happily living together and mostly bonded no fights whatsoever and they are even starting to cuddle and Yuki will now follow Apollo ... they made so much progress in the scrubbed clean smaller cage I moved them over to the big one ( which smells like the subordinate Yuki)

my boys made a HUGE mess out of their litter/ burrow pan * sigh* boys I love Yuki's face " I swear, I've been framed"

LOL Apollo acting all shy

Yuki is all Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky

He is shy but not afraid to let me approach him

Their cage ( I have more toys they are just dirty right now)

Why are you focusing on him and not us? ( I had to get pictures of Kodi)

we think you should let us out now

Yuki got scared for some reason ( right before this he stuck his head out of the cage)

BTW Yuki being on the bottom is HUGE progress he just use to lay on the top all sad :disappointed: so its a sign he is following Apollo and more motivated

Edit: for those of you who noticed Yuki's 3 red toes he cut them on a zip tie about 5 days ago We've been watching for infection but it looks fine other than looking irritated

And that gap on the bottom looks big because I took the tray that was supposed to go there and used it to make the second level but the boys cant fit out of there nor have they even realized that gap is there

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

such cuties

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Thanks I am Loving having my boys they are so sweet

Proud Mommy to-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

awesome! So glad they are becoming friends!!

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Love Yuki's markings, and Apollo makes me grin with his buggy eyed self.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, they are just adorable! Such sweet faces!! I am so glad Yuki is not sad looking anymore. Nice to see him with friends!
What kind of potty litter is that, by the way? If it gets too messy from spills, you can always try pelleted litter that is easier to clean, like Yesterday's News pellets or something. Unless of course the boys are already used to their current litter and they are good at using it for potty time. Their ratty house looks great, by the way! So fun for them!!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Its coconut husk its just temp and Fresh news was the plan For now Thats just a bin to play in not a litter box my boys are each at least a year old so i don't know about litter training them at this point. I put small treats in it so they can dig and find them And Thanks for the compliment on the cage I try to give them the very best.

Proud Mommy to-

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh, coconut husks, I see! And it is for playing, cool! Do they have fun playing in there? So cute...like a sandbox for the babies!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

its like Eco Earth and they LOVE it I put some food for them to dig and find and Yuki immediately went for it

Proud Mommy to-

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

What a great thing to do for them! Hiding fun things for ratties to find is such a great activity for them...it keeps them entertained, stimulates their minds and curiousity, and so interactive! Plus, the best part is, they get a special "treasure" at the end when they find something! So fun for them! Great activity!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They are so cute, and the cage looks great! I was also wondering what that litter was--it looks like something they'd love to dig in! (Are they good at using it as a potty?) It sounds pretty neat.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

its more of a digging spot right now and thanks I am trying to find the best activities for them I am still looking for more. I will have more pictures soon

During their out time I give them baby food too and they LOVE it

I am just worried about Yuki's feed he broke a nail and cut three toes on different days so i have to watch for infection. Is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Proud Mommy to-