Photos! Updates on Louna, and a few pics ;) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Updates on Louna, and a few pics ;)

So as some of you know I went on vacation for 10 days to see my in laws (well i'm not married but i call them that anyway) and my parents.
I left Louna with my friend Audrey who has a rattie named Bruno (turns out after a year, i sexed it and it was a female and not a male like the petstore told her!)
So I brought the ginormous cage over (with weird looks in the metro since I don't drive) and I set up her cage over there. She seemed a bit worried but ok.
When I got back, she seemed SOOOO happy to see me she totally remembered me and licked my hand and played with me and seemed ecstatic!
We decided to try out letting bruno and louna out while watching them closely. Bruno is a very sweet rattie (and very overweight) and couldn't care LESS about louna haha, not giving any attention at all even when she walked on her face! Louna however was FASCINATED, smelling the butt, getting on bruno's back and licking it... but she was really frantic about it, and it sometimes seemed she was trying to rip out bruno's eyes!
[
Her teeth grew back normal, but i feel they grew a little more apart than they were before (she already had a little gap because her teeth tend to grow away from each other toward the top, and now it seems bigger) I'm watching closely, they're a normal size, but I have a feeling they might grow too big.
[
My old pet shop will not let me adopt Louna's mom, they decided to stop ordering from whatever breeding company they were using to save some money. Louna's mom having survived so long in such conditions and giving really good litters with the siamese male she's with, they don't want to give her away. I decided to never set foot in that pet shop ever again because it breaks my heart. Since louna seemed to really enjoy meeting bruno, I'm going to get her a friend eventually, but i feel i need time to get over louna's mom. I'm REALLY sad about it, i had decided to get her without telling my boyfriend and letting him deal with it and scream all he wants. (he's being selfish lately so I don't care if I piss him off) I'll go to the SPCA when I feel ready, and for now i'm giving her extra bunches of love.
I took her out all day today, she got to run around in the grass, see some of my friends that she likes and be the center of attention And this morning she was running around in my bathrobe (which i was wearing haha) and playing with me, it was adorable
[
[

Here are some pictures so maybe you can see she grew Do you guys know at what time she's supposed to get grown-up hair? because she looks like she's charcoal grey in real, but there's a little brown undertone. Will she turn black eventually?
She's just over 3 months now
[
[
posting the pictures in a new post, because my internet is being weird and I don't want to lose all that text of something goes wrong!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

the big cage! (i think it's big considering she's alone!) Hiding in her cube she loves!

Hello from inside the cube!

i think here you can tell she's not really black...

i love that little lighter triangle on her nose! it's not always visible but so cute

"Will you stop blinding me with that flash?!"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
the rodent lover<3

Your rat is SO cute!!!<3 I could just hug her<333

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

hihi!

I went to a pet shop that seems nice to get her aspen with her on my shoulder(they don't sell rat as feeders, they're on aspen and there's only a few per cage and they're seperated male from female) and the worker there could not stop saying "OMG she's so cute!" and he had her in his hands the whole time I was there and almost kidnapped her from me hehe
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...she is beautiful!
Nice cage.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I love Louna, she is the most beautiful rat I have ever seen Can't wait for friends for her!! Glad to hear good news!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

awww thank you!

I'm already thinking about what color rat i want hehe and I really don't know!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Aww I'm sorry to hear that they won't let you take in her momma anymore. Poor rattie. But, Wow, she has gotten big!!

She is so cute! It is crazy how much she looks like my very first rat, Lily... it brings back old memories haha. I can't find my old pics of Lily anywhere so you could see, but they are SOMEWHERE here at my dads house, lol.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

ooh i really hope you find some! i'd love to see

I try not to think too much of her mom, it makes me too sad.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Part of the Pack

She is a CUTIE. Too bad you're in canada, I have a few blazed black variegated females in my new litters - you could have her twin.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:20 AM

*SQUEE* So adorable!

Good thing my boy rattys didn't see - I'd have to peel them off the side of their cages!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

haha!

CapriceCriters, I LOVE blazed rats I almost bought a blue blazed variegated a few weeks after I got louna, but turns out it was a male

Tags
louna rat update