Urgent!!! I think Annie is sick. - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 AM

Glad to hear he is doing better. Things like that are always a scare, especially since rats are our babies. We just want to give them the best lives we can and pray nothing goes wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeap.

Britany.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud USMC Wife.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 PM

I'm glad he is doing better. But, just wondering, What exactly is in the room that is causing the smell? And what kind of smell is it? If it's something that irritates him this much to where he has this nasty discharge occasionally, maybe you should consider trying to make room for the rats somewhere else? If he is always around the smell, it may just keep happening every few weeks or every few months. And next time (if there is a next time) it may be worse.

I'm not judging you or the type of care you provide your rats at all, and I'm not trying to be rude or attack you in any way, so I hope it doesn't sound like that. I know sometimes there is just no other way to remedy a somewhat bad situation. I've been through it myself recently actually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

The smell is from my husbands military gear, his tools, and some other things that we don't have room for anywhere else... I don't want to say its a 'dirty' smell... its just from things being packed it his bags... a military smell if you understand that... Well, you see, there is no room anywhere else... We only have a 2 bedroom singlewide. In our room there is a fish tank, and a tv... and 2 dressers and 2 side tables... Our living room is a couch, loveseat, chair, table, cd/dvd bookshelf... we considered putting them on it... but, if we do the bookshelf will bow over time and we don't want it to break with them on it... Kitchen was out of the question.... In our 2nd bedroom which is where we are... They are sitting on a storage tub... The closest is full of military gear... we have 2 desks.. but, the other one is full of things we are trying to sell. and another storage tub that has important things in case we need them.... We are pretty much jam packed in here... But, slowly getting things out.. We also have a buliding that we could put some things but, since my husband decided he wanted to part out a car... it has all kinds of car parts in it from engine to side skirts and interior and such.... So, its kinda the only place for them... We have been cleaning the room more often then we did.. and its starting to help.... I have also ran a vicks vaporizer for a small amout of time in here one day and it helped alot... We have been vaccuming, and cleaning in here more often so... I just hope that by doing that it will help him.... Not only that, I think he is still adjusting to our smell, because we got them on the 5th of September... so he is still a little new to our home..

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.

Tags
puss, raw nose, sick