Very quick question... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Very quick question...

My Rayray used to just pee where ever he was instead of using the litter tray because he is to lazy, mine only poop in theirs. Now Rayray will get out of his hammock, back up on the cage bars and pee out of the cage onto my floor! Do you know maybe why he is doing this or maybe its just because he does not want the pee in his cage, if you know a way that may help stop this than please say and if I need an extra litter box up there I will do that. Its just Im tired of haveing to clean his pee of the floor ever time he goes lol. thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

You could try getting one of those little corner litter boxes and putting it there.

My Furry Family
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Nikita my toto pee's on his food boowl !!
or under it LOL
i need to clean it out EVERYDAY!!
ive tried cleain up the smell and he seems to be going somewhere else now !
so hun i would say keep geting rid of the smell i use pet wipes to over power the smell there from pets at home!
hope he stops being a naughtie boy !!
x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

lol, thanks you two! I will try and help the situation && I would get a corner litter box, however it's the top floor of his cage and would be two big to go up there, I will see what I can find, the pet wipes sounds good because it goes all down the sides of the bars and everything! Thanks again!
x

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Keep me updated hun !
the boys are little stinkers aint they LOL !
gotta love them tho x3
x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

yeah I'll keep you updated... they are a bit stinky lol, yours must really smelly if Toto pees in his food bowl! hehe they are so funny and sweet tho, it is only Rayray doing it tho and to be honest I dont actually think I've ever seen Pepper pee where anyone can see! thanks!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Will It Ever Change?

what i used to do with my timmy, and still do today, is whatever he pees on, i put in the litterbox. he gets the idea now and only occasionally does business where he shouldn't. his 'litterbox' is just the bottom of the cage having shavings in it. i'm spoiled by him though, he's so good, i watch him wake up, go down 3 flights and do business, then go back up 3 flights to eat

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Aww, mine are to lazy, I just got him out today and started scratching behind his ears and stroking him ect, he was there for about five minutes when he desided to pee on me && I know he was not scent marking because there was so much there & when he pees he puts his tail in the air, I dont know what thats all about, do you know if thats normal or is he trying to keep his tail dry/clean or something? well I geuss for now until he learns I can try and put his litter tray on the top floor where he always goes, but im not sure if it will work because the boys always seem to flick everything around when it's up their lol.
thanks for your help, sounds like you have a good boy with you Natalie! I want him hehe...

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Will It Ever Change?

hmm wierd! i think your boy just doesn't get it. they key is being really determined and consistent. ANYTHING you find with pee, put it in the litterbox. with him in the cage, get all the poos and put them in there too. he'll watch you and after a few weeks he should catch on. if he 'goes' when out of the cage, put him back in the cage RIGHT away, then he should eventually figure out the go only in there. i wish you the best of strength! it takes lots of time and lots of perseverance!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

yeah, I know what you mean, when I first began litter training mine I put the poops in the tray and they have got that alright, it seems that they are too lazy to get up for a pee, but if they need to poop they always go in the litter tray, mine are a confusing pair, but they are sweet and I love them! since I got my rats they have been lazy, it's just the fact that Rayray manages to pee from inside his cage to my livingroom floor and I have wood flooring so it gets sticky when im not there to clean it up. I will try my best and thank you for all your support!!
xx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

Tags
cage bars, food bowl, litter box, litter boxes, litter train, litter training, litter tray