The water bottle incident! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

The water bottle incident!

We went on vacation last week and just came back yesterday. I had a friend who loves rats taking care of them. He sent me a picture of them every day, which was really nice. But after he feed them and pet them the last day before we arrived back home my little Guys decided it would be fun to chew their water bottle (The plastic bottle part). And it started leaking, so for a full day they were without water, but the worst part was that there water was filled up right before, there was a (poopy) pool at the bottom of their cage, where their food was, so no food for a day either. It took forever to clean and their ramps are wood which makes it even worse for cleaning. Another problem was that their old water bottle broke only a few days before so I had to use a spare on vacation. I was without a bottle so they had to use a bowl until I finally found a bottle that fit. Just one silly rattie chewing his bottle led to a lot of work for their dad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Official Loofah Tester

...and they always do it when you go on vacation. It's like they KNOW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh no! Yep, of course this has to happen when you are not at home, right? The ratties say, "Hey, let's wait for Dad to go on vacation and then we can try out nibbling the water bottle. That would be a funny game!"

That really was sweet of your friend to send you a picture every day. So cool. My mom babysat our own furry kiddos when my husband and I had to go out of town for a couple of days and she would send an email and a photo to us every day that we could get on my husband's lap top. We acted like we were gone for a year and it was only a couple of days. Heh heh. You sure do miss your furry babies when you are not at home with them, eh?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Last edited by Vladina; 09-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That's why I always use glass water bottles!! haha! I had hamsters chew through a plastic one once, and I switched to glass and have never gone back!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Heh heh! Smaaart! Glass is good!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Adolescent Pup

And glass is easier to sterilize - I just popped mine in a pot of boiling water (I removed the little ducky float first, but the rest of it can take the heat).

Tags
chew, clean, flood, mess, rat