water bottles - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

Red face water bottles

does anyone know if they make noisless water bottles? if so where in the world can i find one? i live in a stuido apartment, since my rats are so close to me they keep me awake. but i could never bare to rid of them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

You could try glass water bottles with the rubber stoppers and glass tubes...the kind with the metal balls do make a lot of noise but the ones with the rubber stoppers and glass tubes make no noise at all. You can find them at www.chinchillarancher.com I'm sure you can use them for rats too. They are great, I've ordered stuff from them before and everything came in quick and they were really easy to deal with

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

so do i need to get both the bottle and the tube off the site. would it come with instructions to put it together.... how do i find out if it come with a way to attatch it to a wire cage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Newborn Pup

All water bottle will come with attachment hardware. I did find some bottle at the pet store here that had spring loaded balls. I never heard any of the clunkity' noise I usually hear with the plain water bottles. They are a dollar or so more. I don't remember the brand, they have made their way to the trash bin after they started leaking like all bottles do. I would not recommend them for very old or very young rats, just in case they can't push the ball against the spring.
I have been searching for water bottles that will not leak after two months and less. Any ideas there?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:47 AM

noisy bottle

I totally like the noisy bottles...i have 2 mice and 2 guinea pigs, and they are all in my room, and so it's like comfortimg for me to hear It helps me get to sleep. Plus, if the guinea pigs are out of water, it makes a certain noise, so I know that before I go to bed I have to refill it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

My bunnies have a bowl of water that attaches to the side of the cage. The only noise you would hear from your pets would be their lapping up the water.

http://www.petco.com/product_info.as...Bowls+%26+Cups

That's what I have for my rabbits, but this is the smaller version. /\
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

hey i did find a quite water bottle FINALLY. its by critter trail. its actully from a critter trail ham ham cage. it has no ball, and if i move the cage it kinda leaks, but other than that i love it!

Tags
guinea pig, pet store, wire cage