What do you guys think? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

What do you guys think?

I've found the next two rats I want if I can talk my hubby into it. As you may remember, I lost my rex baby, Meatloaf three weeks ago to incurable pneumonia. I've bleached everything in sight and my babies have finished their week of antibiotics and are doing well. Now I really want a couple of female rats. I'm so afraid he's going to say no, and I really think that he will, but here's some pics anyway.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=10893345

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=10893287

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are both sooo cute!
Hopefully you can convince your hubby to let you have them.
Maybe if he meets them,he will change his mind?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

He's not like that, unfortunately. I wouldn't even get him in the car.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:43 PM

They are very cute. I love their markings!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Don't tell him where you are going LOL
Well, they do look wonerful and cute, I hope you can get them!
Good Luck!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Will It Ever Change?

aww they're cute, good luck!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laydeerodentzz View Post
Don't tell him where you are going LOL
Well, they do look wonerful and cute, I hope you can get them!
Good Luck!
That won't work. I'm lucky to get him out of the house knowing where we're going.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchris_28 View Post
That won't work. I'm lucky to get him out of the house knowing where we're going.
Pretend your going out for dinner!

* Lisa *

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

We live two blocks away from anywhere we could possibly want to eat...lol

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

It still wouldn't matter anyway, because he's not the type of person to see an animal and fall in love with it like I am.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

He said maybe once he's hired on permanently, making more money, and after we move. So he's thinking about it! That's about the best I can hope for right now.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 PM
RAT ADDICT

Ooooh! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

* Lisa *

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

The rescue hasn't emailed me back yet. Hopefully they'll let me adopt. I was going to adopt 5 girls from them before we got married, but Lucas lost his job and we didn't get to. Hopefully they won't hold that against us.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

aww it's good he is going to think about it! I hope you can get them!
x

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 PM

Times really are hard. We are feeling the pinch. When these babies start eating real food it is going to be really tough. I am glad we have ours. We are trying out various things to lower the costs a little. If he gets hired on permanently I am sure he will consider it. If you need a little extra help convincing by then we should have some experience with our current method and it should cut your overall care costs. Maybe that will help.