What should I do? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

What should I do?

I've noticed how much Pepper and Husky arn't getting on lately.
Pepper does not ike Husky and Husky does not like Pepper, so there is nothing I can do!
Pepper will constantly mount Husky, feircly sniff Huskys genatals, like when ever he see's Husky and Pepper will harshly groom Husky that he nips at him slighlty. They are always fighting and I think Pepper feels threatened by Husky or something.
Husky will always pick a fight with Pepper, yesterday evening Husky pushed Pepper of the top of the hammock, which means he fell a good 70-80cm to the ground and it's beginning to worry me as Pepper will fall of the top floor constantly and he gets very jumpy and scared, it doesn't help the fact that Pepper is the lightest of the rats and is not gaining much weight, but I don't know what to do!?
I know most of you will probably say that it's fine if there is no blood, but Pepper is not doing greatly himself and it is getting very ruff between them. Husky is grooming Pepper now also to the point where he is digging his teeth in and Pepper is becoming depressed which is most likey the cause of Pepper going down hill.
Pepper is the sweetest of them all and he has me at his feet so all I want is the best for him. I don't know if it will be a good thing to seperate pepper from the group, but I'm seriously getting worried about his health because if Pepper does not put on some weight soon he is not going, and I hate to say this, but he is just not going to live for much longer.
The vets have said that he seems alright, but he needs to put on weight and Pepper never seems to sleep in the group, he always sleeps on his own, tell me what you think, I'll do anything to make sure he's fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10

Last edited by laydeerodentzz; 06-02-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Will It Ever Change?

well if you're truly concerned, then take pepper out and cage him on his own. if you're worried about him being lonely then take another rat out and cage two and two. then see what happens. if they all start missing each other then try intros again, sometimes they get over it

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Okay, thanks!
I think I will see what happens throughout the next few days and if it does not get any better, I'll think about seperating them, thank you for your help!
x

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10