whats wrong with my mouse? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Unhappy

hey everyone,

my mouse has a tiny scratch behind his ear, and i think he keeps on scratching it, and 2 days ago i saw blood dots from my mmouse up the wall of there little loft and on the lid, the loft is small it is one of the habitrail collection things,
anyway, i am scared i cleaned it off and now just today i looked at it and there was blood on the wall again.

what shoul i do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Are there other mice in the cage? How much blood is there? Also, how big/deep is the scratch?
Oh, you have 8 posts, you can't reply quickly, they have to be apppoved. Contact me some other way if you want.
'0AEmail - [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger - apoetcalledanya
AOl Instant Messenger - apoetcalledanya
Hotmail/MS

Last edited by APoetCalledAnya; 04-13-2007 at 07:11 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

How many mice are housed in the cage? Any signs of fighting?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

Ah, yesterday when I was trying to post it kept freezing. Then the site wouldn't even load for the rest of the night.
Is your mousey ok now? Like I said above, how much blood are you finding?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Part of the Pack

VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET VET

good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile its me again,

my mouse has sorta stoped bleeding, but when he gets an itch he scratchs it and it bleeds, apart from that he is do well, i dont realy want to take him to the vet because its gonna cost $28.00 and my parents wont pay for me i will when i get a job...lol....

thank you all for your answers
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Adolescent Pup

Not everything that happens requires a vet visit. Mice fight, especially male mice. Most times male mice will fight until one is dead. If it is just a scratch that is not constantly bleeding (which it appears to be from her emails she sends me), then as long as she cleans the wound and makes sure that it does not get bigger than he is fine. Vet visits are expensive and should not be used like air. I mean, would you take your child to the doctor every time they got a cut or a bruise? No, you wouldn't. The doctors would think you were crazy and need to calm down.
Now, if you have a valid reason or suspicion than yes, take your pet to the vet. But if they just get a scratch from a fight, talk more than others of their kind (-clears throat-), then there really is no need. You are just wasting your time and money and you are putting unnecessary stress on yourself and your pet. I am sure the pet does not like going to the vet, so why put them through that when there is nothing wrong in the first place?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

it sounds like it is bleeding pretty good if when it itches it throws blood up the wall thats not good, it sounds like its a pretty deep and if it hasnt scabbed up in a few days then thats not good either.

if it did get in a fight with another and it made it bleed bad then they should be sepperated.

if it got it because it has been itching that spot alot then it might have parasites

so maybe it should go to the vet

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
RAT ADDICT

If you have more then one male in the cage,they are probably fighting.Male mice WILL fight to the death,so I suggest you seperate them.Male mice will do fine on their own...with loads of your love of course.

There are a few things that could of caused the scabs...fighting,itchiness (caused by mites,lice or allergies)...etc.

I found a link that may be helpful.It explains mouse wounds and what you can do.Even explains hor to make a mousey "collar" to prevent him from scratching the scabs.

Have a look.Your mouse may require vet care!
Advanced Mouse Care

I sometimes have my rats fight and they get small wounds,most times they are harmless and not too deep and with some ointment will heal up on their own.However if they become infected or are deep,they have to be taken to the vet.Fortunatly I only ever dealt with ONE really serious rat fight.

Good luck!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile Thanx

thank - you soooo very much
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becka_Baby
my mouse has sorta stoped bleeding, but when he gets an itch he scratchs it and it bleeds, apart from that he is do well, i dont realy want to take him to the vet because its gonna cost $28.00 and my parents wont pay for me i will when i get a job...lol....

thank you all for your answers

Maybe you could take a picture of his cut. In the emails you made it sound like he was ok now. Also, you never say how much he is bleeding. Is the scab shrinking in size? Or is it the same size? Does it look infected?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Wink ma mousy

the cut doesnt look infected to me, and it isn't that much blood and i didn't know that the inside was cut as well it looks like a graze i will take pix and ut em up very soon....
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Part of the Pack

if you cannot afford a 28 dollar vet bill you should give him to someone who can.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

umm thanx, but i would neva give up my pets, i took him to the vet and she said he will be allright any gave me this suff to give him, i have to seperate em for a couple of days and then he shal be fine.

i dont know how you could say for me to give my pets up, sorry but to me that upset me alot, i am sorry that my family is in debt.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Will It Ever Change?

hey becka, i'm glad your little guy is doing better just ignore rodentz, she's always quick to jump to conclusions and opinionated, you have to treat it like water off a duck lol. feel free to talk to a moderator should you feel pushed too far. we all know you are a sweet person whom cares about your pets, and we're all glad to hear things are goign well

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
male mice, vet care, vet visit, vet visits