Whattaya mean, not enough rat people? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Publius

Whattaya mean, not enough rat people?

Hi, I'm Victor (screen name Publius) and I understand we don't have enough Rat People on this here board.

Well. We'll have to fix that somehow.

I don't have any ideas, short of giving out rats as birthday, Christmas, Chanucka, Easter, and Thursday (it only comes once a week, you know) presents, but maybe someone else will think of something. Maybe we could just tell all of our friends, "Everyone should have a rat!"

I currently have four bucks, named Kono (my alpha), Metro, Olie, and Calle. I'm having some aggression problems with Olie (particularly where Metro is concerned--those two do *not* like each other, though they were curled up together last night), so they're all getting neutered next month, two at a time.

My girlfriend has four does: the Grande Dame Rizzo, the Tuscadero sisters Leather & Pinky, and Cinammon Schwartz. One of her original rats, Krycek (Rizzo's sister) passed away on Pearl Harbor Day past.

I hope to learn a little something from everyone here, as well as hoping to pass on what little I know to other newbies.

--Victor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
I don't have any ideas, short of giving out rats as birthday, Christmas, Chanucka, Easter, and Thursday (it only comes once a week, you know) presents, but maybe someone else will think of something. Maybe we could just tell all of our friends, "Everyone should have a rat!"
There's an idea!!

Glad to see you here!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Herp Nerd

We're around, just being vewy vewy qwiet... we're pwaying wit wats...

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Playful Pup

I agree with Publius about the small number of rat people in the world, lol! I have two rats, Valentino and Gus and I love them and their antics. Another thing I've found out about rats is their ability to be addictive! I think I'll go on being a rat and horse person for the rest of my life. Nice to meet everyone and I hope to hear more about you soon!

-Sara

My Managerie
Skip

Peanut

Gizmo & Dobby

Lily, Oliver, Jackson & Sassy

RIP my little mouskateers; Chaos, Xerox, Annie, Mollie, Jasper, Willow, Fawn, Harmony, Melody, George, Turtle, Spunk, Fred, Poco Uno, Harry, Mocha and Spazz.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

I think that's a great idea I think rats are one of the most underestimated, over disliked pets around! I only have two rats right now, two very old ladies, sneezer and Hood rat, but at times have had 30+, they are just SO cute and have so much personality I don't know how anyone could NOT like them

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Oh, and Rav, who on earth is that cutie?!?! I don't think we've seen them before.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Herp Nerd

Thats Piddle, my little big dumbo boy.

Rav

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Publius

Smile I realized what was bothering me about Piddle

Has anyone else noticed Piddle is holding his hands in the Official Mad Scientist Hand Signal (TM) for, "My plan is coming to fruition. . .soon, the world will be MINE!" followed by a long, evil laugh, or is it just me?

Ravnos, I'd keep a careful eye on your little Piddle. . .

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Victor is right! Be careful!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Breaker of the "Newbie" Record for posts!

A rat person here as well, I have 14 of the little cuties :hershey:
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Herp Nerd

I don't think he's a mad scientist... guess I'll have to give him a female to distract him.

Rav

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Twila

Rat person here, too! I have 6 ( or should I be saying 6 rats have me?)

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Publius

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravnos
guess I'll have to give him a female to distract him.
Yep, sounds like Piddle's plan is working out perfectly for him. . .