Where did you get your ratties? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Smile Where did you get your ratties?

Where did you get your ratties? From the petstore, rescutes, adopted? Just wondering.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 09:59 AM

I have 3 rat's they are all sisters and 13mths old i got them for free from the free adds paper, there names are monica,pinky,phoebe, they are fun to have but then i have had 5 befor there names was wilma,betty and rosie,millie and molie but they have all past away!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Vanilla_Rat - You do not have to post on here, we would be here all night listening to where you got all of your hundreds upon hundreds you own! lol, just teasing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 10:27 AM

I got all mine from various pet stores in the area.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect
Vanilla_Rat - You do not have to post on here, we would be here all night listening to where you got all of your hundreds upon hundreds you own! lol, just teasing!
*!* Don't pick on her! LOL

My list is considerably shorter-

Chester and Owen I got from a feeder breeder- a lady that breeds for the big reptile shows.

Harley and Lucas I got from a pet breeder.

Ditto I paid $3 for out of the feeder bin at the ocal crappy pet store

I got him a friend- Dizzy- sent from a rescue in North Carolina. He didn't live long, though

So then I got him McCoy- I adopted at PetSmart on one of those visiting shelter days.

All these guys are gone now , except Chester- who is 2 1/2.

And most recently we got Beans and Tater at PetSmart- first time I have ever bought a pet there- and honestly, quite pleased with them health and temperament wise.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 12:58 PM

in seven years of rat keeping every single one of my rats where from petstores.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 AM

I adopted my 2 boys Noah and Winston
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 01:49 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Scofield came from petsmart.

Jack and Seva came from a mom and pop pet shop.

They all have great personalities and are very friendly.. It's kind of funny though (well not really) Jack is a dumbo and seva is a blue birk and they both came out of feeder bins.

If you're going to adopt you should try to find a rescue in your area first. If you can't find one then talk to a breeder. If you can't find a breeder then go to the petstore.

I jsut say this because petstore rats can be less healthy.

*Missy*
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

[QUOTE=jennawing]*!* Don't pick on her! LOL

lol, I wasn't. Just teasing! I would love to hear where she got all of her ratties though

Well, I do not recently have any ratties since my three just passed away and it was hard to take. But, I think that I am finaly ready to get more! Yay! Well, I have been searching for a while and I was going to adopt some rescues about three hours away. But, the lady was very rude and at the last second, the three ones I had RESERVED she decided she wanted them! So, I drove three hours there, three hours back...and I did not even get any ratties out of it! Grrrr, well, I recently just found a breeder near by and I have been talking to her lately, I might get some from there. Here is her link if you are interested.

http://www.rattiusmaximus.com/

Darn it, I just went on rambling again, grrr.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 10:34 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Teehee!!

Most of my current rats now are from litters I have had myself.

Three are from a breeder (Zephyr,Jellyroll and Sprite).I have bred them and Sprite had two litters.Except one litter was pretty much accidental,I just had them playing together and didn't know Sprite was in heat.But I was prepared anyway and fortunatly knew who bred with her.The majority of my current rats are Sprite's offspring.

Candy was a rescue.Poor girl was in a bad home...kept in a hamster cage on pine,rarely handled,eating hamster food and was thin and she was terrified of everything and nippy.She is alot better now,but now nips for attention! I am working on that.

My newest boys I just adopted the day before yesterday.They are Goober and Paco.I adopted them from a girl who couldn't keep them,as she lives in a tiny room and has a ferret and the ferret was always trying to get them.Anyway she took good care of them,but just could not keep them.Now they are with me and are so sweet and loving.

I mainly take in unwanted rats or rats that need homes...but have gotten rats from breeders before,bred my own rats (knowing the genes tho!),rescued/adopted rats and gotten rats from pet stores.It all depends on the situation I guess!

I am sorry you didn't get to adopt those babies after!Why did misses change her mind?That sucks!Hopefully you find some loving rats soon.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Just don't deal with that rescue again...

I've heard of rattus maximus (only in name)...If you've been having coversations with her, it's probalby good that they are interested in you. Good Luck!!

*Missy*
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 02:11 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I get my rats from LISA,

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
I am sorry you didn't get to adopt those babies after!Why did misses change her mind?That sucks!Hopefully you find some loving rats soon.
Yeah, it does Buuuut, I am picking two males up Thursday!! I am getting them from a different breeder about an hour or so away. I called the breeder yesterday and she said that she had some that I could look at. I left to her house today and picked the the most gorgeous boys! I could not get them today though because I needed to get everything set up at home first and she would not be available until Thursday, I will make sure to make a new thread and post pics though

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Yeah, it does Buuuut, I am picking two males up Thursday!! I am getting them from a different breeder about an hour or so away. I called the breeder yesterday and she said that she had some that I could look at. I left to her house today and picked the the most gorgeous boys! I could not get them today though because I needed to get everything set up at home first and she would not be available until Thursday, I will make sure to make a new thread and post pics though
WOO!Thats exciting!I cannot wait!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 PM

Ooh, congratulations! How old are they? What colors are they? Have you named them yet? What kind of cage do you have for them? *explodes from asking too many questions*

Tags
hamster cage, hamster food, pet shop, pet store, pet stores