Where do you get your pet mice and or rats? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hmmmm...I have heard that Petco is HORRIBLE...but we don't have one here and we don't have a Petsmart either,so I have no idea what they are like.I am not a huge fan of pet stores in general anyway.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:44 PM

I haven't been to PetCo in a while, but last time I was there I remember seeing a lot of dead fish floating around. They would also let little kids hold the animals without putting hand sanitizer on. Our PetSmart has a lot of dead fish floating around, too. Ugh.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Hmmmm...I have heard that Petco is HORRIBLE...but we don't have one here and we don't have a Petsmart either,so I have no idea what they are like.I am not a huge fan of pet stores in general anyway.

That's what everyone says but our PetCo is awesome...it depends on the store, I guess .

My PetCo does adoption events all the time (plus other fun things like hamster races) and even has a computer linked to Petfinder . They don't sell many live animals since they encourage adoption and they never have rabbits because of all the homeless ones .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:05 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
That's what everyone says but our PetCo is awesome...it depends on the store, I guess .

My PetCo does adoption events all the time (plus other fun things like hamster races) and even has a computer linked to Petfinder . They don't sell many live animals since they encourage adoption and they never have rabbits because of all the homeless ones .
That sounds like a good store!

There is a family run pet store here that is VERY good and they sometimes have hamster races on special occassions.They only sell animals from like unwanted litters...I mean,if someone had a rat or bunny or whatever that had babies,they would sell the babies.They do not normally buy from huge manufacturers and large store breeders.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM

Im adopting my rats from someone
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
That sounds like a good store!

There is a family run pet store here that is VERY good and they sometimes have hamster races on special occassions.They only sell animals from like unwanted litters...I mean,if someone had a rat or bunny or whatever that had babies,they would sell the babies.They do not normally buy from huge manufacturers and large store breeders.
That sounds like our exotics petstore . It's a small, family-run store that has been around since I was little. Although the exotic animals are from breeders (not huge manufacturers...private breeders) the more "common" pets like rabbits tend to be from unwanted litters. They've even taken in rescues.

I got my degus and spiny mouse there and it's where we buy almost all our pet supplies since they carry degu food and high-quality rabbit pellets .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
carefresh bedding, degu food, ear infection, exotic animals, fancy mice, guinea pig, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, pet supplies, rabbit pellets, spiny mice, spiny mouse, vet visit, vet visits