Where do you get your pet mice and or rats? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
RAT ADDICT
 
VanillaRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Age: 35
Posts: 19,199
  
Hmmmm...I have heard that Petco is HORRIBLE...but we don't have one here and we don't have a Petsmart either,so I have no idea what they are like.I am not a huge fan of pet stores in general anyway.






* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
VanillaRat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:44 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 271
 
I haven't been to PetCo in a while, but last time I was there I remember seeing a lot of dead fish floating around. They would also let little kids hold the animals without putting hand sanitizer on. Our PetSmart has a lot of dead fish floating around, too. Ugh.
Lucky_&_Pepper is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd
 
Sasami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Age: 29
Posts: 9,930
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Hmmmm...I have heard that Petco is HORRIBLE...but we don't have one here and we don't have a Petsmart either,so I have no idea what they are like.I am not a huge fan of pet stores in general anyway.

That's what everyone says but our PetCo is awesome...it depends on the store, I guess .

My PetCo does adoption events all the time (plus other fun things like hamster races) and even has a computer linked to Petfinder . They don't sell many live animals since they encourage adoption and they never have rabbits because of all the homeless ones .




~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




Sasami is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:05 PM
RAT ADDICT
 
VanillaRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Age: 35
Posts: 19,199
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
That's what everyone says but our PetCo is awesome...it depends on the store, I guess .

My PetCo does adoption events all the time (plus other fun things like hamster races) and even has a computer linked to Petfinder . They don't sell many live animals since they encourage adoption and they never have rabbits because of all the homeless ones .
That sounds like a good store!

There is a family run pet store here that is VERY good and they sometimes have hamster races on special occassions.They only sell animals from like unwanted litters...I mean,if someone had a rat or bunny or whatever that had babies,they would sell the babies.They do not normally buy from huge manufacturers and large store breeders.





* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
VanillaRat is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 151
 
Im adopting my rats from someone
Toadie78 is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd
 
Sasami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Age: 29
Posts: 9,930
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
That sounds like a good store!

There is a family run pet store here that is VERY good and they sometimes have hamster races on special occassions.They only sell animals from like unwanted litters...I mean,if someone had a rat or bunny or whatever that had babies,they would sell the babies.They do not normally buy from huge manufacturers and large store breeders.
That sounds like our exotics petstore . It's a small, family-run store that has been around since I was little. Although the exotic animals are from breeders (not huge manufacturers...private breeders) the more "common" pets like rabbits tend to be from unwanted litters. They've even taken in rescues.

I got my degus and spiny mouse there and it's where we buy almost all our pet supplies since they carry degu food and high-quality rabbit pellets .




~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




Sasami is offline  
Reply

Tags
carefresh bedding, degu food, ear infection, exotic animals, fancy mice, guinea pig, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, pet supplies, rabbit pellets, spiny mice, spiny mouse, vet visit, vet visits


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome