White object (Growth) on mouse - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

White object (Growth) on mouse

Hi there, new to these forums and was hoping someone here could help.

I've had my three fancy mice brothers for coming up to 10 months now and Casper (They're all named by Aesthetics) has what looks like a piece of rice stuck to his rear. This has happened once before and it went away after a couple of days, but now it has returned in what looks to be the same place - It's got me worried.

The first time it happened was the 1st November, so a month ago now. I've uploaded a picture (Sorry it's not very good quality - Hard to keep him in one place )

The vet is quite costly to take him too and most here in Australia have no idea about mice "Usually people just throw them out and buy a new one"

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Drakargh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27112010850.jpg (21.8 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I'm sorry, its very hard to tell from the picture, but it might be some sort of a tumor. Other than taking him to a vet to see, there probably isn't much you can do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am sorry to hear about the "disposable pet" attitude, I know it is shameful and cruel.
I would say the same as CRWoody...the only thing you can really do is hunt for a local small animal vet who is knowledgeable about rodents. There is not much else you can do.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Tags
growth, mouse, white