Why do things go from bad to worse? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Unhappy Why do things go from bad to worse?

Well i havn't been on much because my heads been like a rollercoster!!
With the rats not coming out and toto geting sick!
Well what else could happen?

Toto is getting WORSE Hes going of his food a little hes not running around his breathing is so LOUD that at night i can hear it from our room!
So basically the antibiotics have not worked so we are going to the vet tomorrow!

Its weird because he doesnt have red stuff round his eyes or nose but its the breathing its like someone having an assma attack its really loud and deep.
And you can feel his chest when hes doing it.
I don't know if he is suffering or not but i think the vet will put him to sleep .
I sat with him all night last night because he was really bad and most of today but there is no vets open today so we will have to wait.
Im so worried about him ive been crying my eyes out for 2 days solid because what will i do he if he has to pass and novo is left? he will be heartbroken and i don't want anymore rats because i don't want to replace toto. I will be with novo all day everyday and he will be out of his cage whenever he wants.

Im just so stressed and heartbroken i can only expect the worst

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Part of the Pack

thats really sad. pretty much the same thing happened with little Cheryl. its awful when you see them getting worse and worse.
i hope toto gets better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Cheryl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Sorry to hear about your little girl.

Well i am fully stressed because i have no cash at all.
And cannot get hold of cash until tuesday ! he doesnt seem to be getting worse but no better.
I just don't know what to do i really am not capable of handling all this i just wish i would wake up from a bad dream its awful!!!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

awww, Claire.. sounds bad
I'm sure you are capable, you just have to find the strength in you.
I'm not entirly sure what this could be, are you sure he has not got food stuck in his throat? Maybe try and give him some mashed up food because than he can swallow it easier.
i wish you all the luck in the world hun, hope things look up for you soon xx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Oh, Claire, hun I wish I were there for you. I'm not sure what to say. Just get him to the vet as soon as you can. Just remember that this is not your fault. Crying is o.k., sweetie, but don't make yourself sick. I am so worried about you. I just wish that there were something that I could do for you and your little boys. I know how much you love them. And they know how much you love them too, remember that. Try to remember that sometimes, little ones just get sick and there is nothing that we did wrong. You have taken all of the right steps of trying to get him better. Awwe, hun, try not to cry. Just try to make him as comfy as you can until you can get him to the vets. Email me if you need me, o.k.? I'll check throughout the day. huggs to you. Charlene
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am sorry to hear that your having it rough lately.
*hugs*

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *