wild mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

wild mice

A week or so ago I had decided to make pancakes, when I opened the bottom cabinet I noticed a pile of pancake mix spilling out of the bag, when I picked it up there was a nice hole chewed through, and mice droppings. Of course I'm not partial to having wild rodents in my house messing around my food. I was hopeing maybe it would get bored and leave, but to no avail it is still here, I can hear it chewing on things inside my wall behind the stove. I got a nice look at him this morning when I suprised him nibbling on some dropped cat food by the laundry room. I would prefer not to use mouse traps, as they are inhumane...and sometimes don't work. Poison is also out of the question because I have small children and pets. Since I've taught my cat to "respect" rodents (the rats) all she has done is stare at the open cabinent. Never thought that would come back to bite me in the butt lol. I'd prefer to catch it alive and release it FAR from my house. Are there any live traps out there that would do the job? If I could keep the little booger from getting into my food I might have lived happily with him hear, but sofar I'd just prefer him OUT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 08:59 AM

There are Hav a Heart traps. They are a "catch and release" kind of trap. You can get them a lot of places I think.

http://www.havahart.com/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yes,there are humane "trap and release" traps out there.I have seen them ONLY ONCE at Wal Mart for $10 and was gonna pick one up,because I often have PET mice get loose and it is hard to catch them if they been missing for a few days,I never had to deal with wild mice.Anyway went back to the store and they were gone,so I dunno how often stores like that carry them.I never seen them since.

If you can find them,maybe even check online...you can entice the mouse/mice with peanut butter,bit of cheese or something else that has a strong odor and that will be appealing.Even bit of pancake mix...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
cat food, pet mice