Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Will my Female rat fight another female rat if put together as friends.

Tags
fighting rat
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RodentzRule 
#1 ·
So I am new at this, hehe " so we will see how it goes. Ok recently I just purchased a female Hairless rat. I have owned rats in the pass but they were always boys. Well back in the day I had one boy and was told he should have a buddy, cause there social little things. So I did, I got a boy cause I didnt want babies running around. And they did sooooo good for so long till they were about a year old and one of them killed the other. So Now, that I have my lil girl who's name is " Pinky Dinky " we just call her dink" or dinky... hehe " She seems lonley =(.. My friend has a rat too about the same age as mine, and we let them play in our watchful eyes cause he a lil man and she acts so much happier when he is around . I was thinking about going back to store and getting her actual sister litter mate for her, but will they fight eatchother? I dont want ANYTHING to happen to her !! I dont know what to do.... =(

#3 ·
Rodentz, I don't think that's a commonly held belief for rats. :) Most of the time female intros go pretty well, whereas males are more prone to having hormonal issues and may need to be neutered to get along with other boys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.