Will my Female rat fight another female rat if put together as friends. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Question Will my Female rat fight another female rat if put together as friends.

So I am new at this, hehe " so we will see how it goes. Ok recently I just purchased a female Hairless rat. I have owned rats in the pass but they were always boys. Well back in the day I had one boy and was told he should have a buddy, cause there social little things. So I did, I got a boy cause I didnt want babies running around. And they did sooooo good for so long till they were about a year old and one of them killed the other. So Now, that I have my lil girl who's name is " Pinky Dinky " we just call her dink" or dinky... hehe " She seems lonley =(.. My friend has a rat too about the same age as mine, and we let them play in our watchful eyes cause he a lil man and she acts so much happier when he is around . I was thinking about going back to store and getting her actual sister litter mate for her, but will they fight eatchother? I dont want ANYTHING to happen to her !! I dont know what to do.... =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I am allergic to maths

As long as you bond them properly you should be fine, they may fight for dominance but as long as no blood is drawn its fine but be warned, it is much harder to bond females than it is males
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Rodentologist

Rodentz, I don't think that's a commonly held belief for rats. Most of the time female intros go pretty well, whereas males are more prone to having hormonal issues and may need to be neutered to get along with other boys.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 PM
I am allergic to maths

Sorry, got it mixed up!

Tags
fighting, rat