Wood Stove Pellets? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Wood Stove Pellets?

Hey. First time posting here, been really busy lately. I was wondering if wood stove pellets were ok for mice. I use them for my ferrets and it works great at keeping down the odor. Also Carefresh is ok for them right? It isn't dusty and they seem to love it. I read on outher sites it was fine but just wanted to make sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Will It Ever Change?

i've never heard of woodstove pellets for bedding, i dont' recommend it unless it's free of ALL pine and cedar phenols adn oils.carefresh is great, i use it with my critters, though my hamster makes everything stink lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I use Yesterdays News and it works very well, i think you can use wood pellets like mulder said as long as there is no Pine or Cedar or anything else on it. I know some wood pellets have soaked in liquid to help then burn better so watch for that as well. I've hurd good and bad reviews of carefresh. It's too dusty for me makes me sneeze like mad! if you look under pet product reviews theres one on carefresh you can check out .

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hmmm...I never heard of wood stove pellets,however if it contains phenols like pine and cedar,then it is a no-no!

I use aspen mixed with Yesterdays News! It works well.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
wood stove pellets