World's oldest mouse turns 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Romping Ratties

World's oldest mouse turns 4

http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E13762,00.html

I don't think he should count as the oldest mouse because he is genetically modified, so he's cheating LOL. My mouse is already 2 and a half, so we will see how long he goes on for. I know a friend who's mouse was 3 when he died.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Miss New Booty

I saw that article this morning, Cass! Brad was showing it to me online! Yeah, I guess that would be cheating, though! lol. He's a cutie!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Romping Ratties

One part that upset me was they were doing the study to eventually see if they could apply this to humans as well. I for one would not want to live longers if it meant I had a chance of freezing to death, you know? It said he needs the other mouse in order to stay warm and not freeze. Poor little guy. He is very cute though!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Part of the Pack

Was just wondering, what is the normal life span of a mouse?

DEBBIE
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Romping Ratties

About two years.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Playful Pup

I would think Yoda would be in his glory! Think of the men who would love to keep a big fluffy woman around to keep them warm! hee hee hee Sorry, I just had to throw in my sarcasm.
I agree, I don't think I would want to live that long if I may freeze to death. I hate being cold. I bet that little guy shivers all the time.
~Nellie
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Romping Ratties

Heh, I thought it was funny they had to point out he was still sexually active LOL! Who'd a thunk dat? At least his girlfriend is cute!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

You know, I always thought the lifespan of a mouse would be longer somehow .. I guess I never really thought about it before though ... that's really cool.

BTW, Debbie made me curious -- what is the average lifespan of a rat??
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Romping Ratties

About 2 to 3 years, sometimes longer sometimes shorter. It really depends on the background of the rat and how it was bred. Most feeder rats don't live past 1, while some breeder rats can live past 3, even to 4 years of age. But the average is around 2 and a half.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Adolescent Pup

I do not think that a person would have the same issues as a mouse...since we do have clothing and such we can put on when we are cold...it would be cute to see a little mouse in a jogging suit.

Marianne

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Newborn Pup

Poor Yoda...he is one cute mouse though!

I
RUFUS!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Newborn Pup

Try putting a sweater on a mouse? If you could get in it on, I think the mouse would be upset that it could not get it off. It would be funny.