Wrong..WRONG WRONG WRONG ARG - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 01:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubie
Exactly! There should be books based on many person experiences, not just one! Or two, or even 20, there are many many rat owners in the present and in the past that have information as well.
Here's another "fact" I found, rats cannot digest chocolate and should not be given to them.
I think we've heard all of the variations to this, but we know that chocolate is only bad for the same reasons it's bad for us XD
Actually just recently I read a report done by scientists and rat people about chocolate.Chocolate isn't toxic to rats,as it is to dogs.The most it will do,is make a male rat infertile...but that is with a ton of chocolate!However even tho it was proven that chocolate isn't toxic...it still isn't the best...it is full of sugar and stuff...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 PM

i have fed rats chocalate for over seven years and NEVER had a problem. chocalate is actually good (in moderation of course) for rats with breathing problems and myco.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 PM

We have 10 rats. Mostly the young ones (1 year and younger) scent mark. They all walk up and down our arms dropping little pee spots. They mark for love. They mark for ownership. Dominance is not the only reason to mark.

Dexter stood on Dave's arm last night and emptied his bladder. What would we call that??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosies_Mom
We have 10 rats. Mostly the young ones (1 year and younger) scent mark. They all walk up and down our arms dropping little pee spots. They mark for love. They mark for ownership. Dominance is not the only reason to mark.

Dexter stood on Dave's arm last night and emptied his bladder. What would we call that??
Young hamsters, gerbils, and mice do the same thing. They also pee in their wheels, exercise balls, and on the bed. I really don't think it has to do with scent marking at all at that age- it is purely a natural reaction when stimulated (whether by exercise, fear, or other) to urinate. Older rodents learn to control it. If they care to.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosies_Mom

Ah, that would make more sense, and could explain why some do it ad some don't X3
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
[/COLOR]

Actually just recently I read a report done by scientists and rat people about chocolate.Chocolate isn't toxic to rats,as it is to dogs.The most it will do,is make a male rat infertile...but that is with a ton of chocolate!However even tho it was proven that chocolate isn't toxic...it still isn't the best...it is full of sugar and stuff...
Lol, an infertile male rat, how the world would suffer
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Ok, found an article that spouted many inaccurate facts.

Domesticate rats can survive in the wild
Usually have yellow teeth (they always have yellow teeth, if they don't then they're sick)
Is an herbivore
has no prey
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM

the yellow teeth part is true. if there teeth are not yellow, or orange they have nutrition problems

all the rest is of course crap
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty_ratkins
the yellow teeth part is true. if there teeth are not yellow, or orange they have nutrition problems

Um, I wrote that...you do see the parthesis right? Yeah, that was me adding in that rats teeth are not usually yellow, they're ALWAYS yellow, if not, then they're sick.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 09:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty_ratkins

Yeah,my old boy,Ray has white teeth.He also has a deformity with his jaw/teeth and needs frequent vet visits.Also because he is getting older and was a rescue,I can see more vet visits in the future!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 PM

all my ratties use their litter boxes.

Tags
guinea pig, litter box, litter boxes, male rat, male rats, meal worms, syrian hamster, syrian hamsters, vet visit, vet visits