Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

YAY! He said yes!

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  fezzik 
#1 ·
I'm leaving at 8:50 am to pick up my baby girl rat from Petsmart. She's a black and white spotted dumbo rat, exactly what I've been looking for. I'll try to see if I can get my camera up and running long enough to take some pics. I was there at closing tonight and I'll be there at opening tomorrow, so I know she'll still be there... yay! :D :tonguerol

#2 ·
Here I got this off my phone.

#5 ·
Leaving as soon as I get done eating, take my medicine (stupid allergies) and brush my teeth.

#7 ·
Ok, so when I went in to get her today, I felt really bad for this other one in there because she was looking at me so sad, so I got her too. I named them Tess and Hazel after my grandmothers who have passed. I'll try to post pics either tonight or tomorrow. They're both sooo sweet.

#11 ·
They are so sweet. Every time I walk by the cage or go in the room, they come to the cage door and stick their little noses through. My dog, Nina, keeps going over there and sticking her face up to the cage and they reach through and try to grab her with their little paws. They're the cutest babies EVER! I'm getting ready to go see if I can get my camera to work. *crosses fingers*

I hope they don't get sick though because one of the other ratties in the cage had an URI or pneumonia. They have been coughing, but I don't hear any wheezing. Petsmart has a 14 day guarantee with their pets so I think tomorrow I may tell them that they're sneezing and coughing and try to work in taking them to their vet, Dr Mills, tomorrow. He's really good with exotics.

#12 ·
Here they are. I'll post pics of the boys on a different thread later.

TESS

HAZEL

TESS AND HAZEL

#13 ·
I just noticed that Hazel is sitting by her empty food bowl, looking all sad. Just thought I'd point out they took all their food into their igloo.

#14 ·
I changed Hazel's name to Hannah. Somehow I just have a feeling Grandmom wouldn't appreciate me naming a rat after her. I don't think Mawmaw would've minded.

This just brought up an off the wall question (again the ADHD kicking in) what do you guys from other parts of the world call your grandparents? Here we have Granny, Grandmom, Grandad, Pawpaw, Mawmaw, Nana, Peepaw, and of course just Grandma and Grandpa. Are their any other variations elsewhere? I swear I need to sleep. It's almost 4 am and I wide awake with a splitting headache.

#19 ·
Awww...they are soooo cute!!
Love their markings.

This just brought up an off the wall question (again the ADHD kicking in) what do you guys from other parts of the world call your grandparents? Here we have Granny, Grandmom, Grandad, Pawpaw, Mawmaw, Nana, Peepaw, and of course just Grandma and Grandpa. Are their any other variations elsewhere? I swear I need to sleep. It's almost 4 am and I wide awake with a splitting headache.
I only have one remaining grandparent and I call her "nanny".Always have.And my other grandmother was "nanny" too.My grandfather was called "Opa" - we are part German/Hungarian.And well the other grandfather I never ever met,as he passed away before I was born.

#16 ·
Your new girls are lovely!
I call my Scottish grandmother: gran, granny, grandmaw, grammy, and sometimes just by her name.
My spanish grandmother I call: yaya

#20 ·
Yeah, I forgot about Yaya. They used it in the movie, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. (Hey, don't judge...lol)

#21 ·
LOL
Over here I call my granparants; Nan, nanny and or nana

But 2 of 3 of my nans I call; Nan Jan & Nanny Anny... for the obvious reason it rhyms LOL
Nah... when I was little and introduced to my nanny Anny I've been told that I ran around the house singing " Nanny-Anny, Nanny-Anny" ect.. and ever since than it's stuck LOL!

#23 ·
My grandmothers have always both been Grandmother to me and my sisters. We told the difference by the Grandfather who was pawpaw(dad's dad) and Granddaddy(mom's dad).

My niece and Nephews have other names for their Grandparents. Dad is Papa, Mom is Grey (we were trying to teach one of the kids to call her Granny cause she hated it and they couldn't say it so it ended up Grey she kind of liked it so it stuck), my grandmother on dad's side is called Manu cause my cousins have started calling her that so sometimes they call her that and sometimes they call her GreatGrey. LOL. They don't have grandparents on their father's side and Kara's nephew calls her mom Neat. Other than that I don't know what all his names are for everyone.

Oh your rats are adorable. I love the split hood. We have one like that but he is bareback. He is one of our baby dumbos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.