YAY! He said yes! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

YAY! He said yes!

I'm leaving at 8:50 am to pick up my baby girl rat from Petsmart. She's a black and white spotted dumbo rat, exactly what I've been looking for. I'll try to see if I can get my camera up and running long enough to take some pics. I was there at closing tonight and I'll be there at opening tomorrow, so I know she'll still be there... yay!

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Here I got this off my phone.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 02:58 AM

Awwe, congrats. Too Cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Jird Jostler

congrats, have you actually got her yet?

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Leaving as soon as I get done eating, take my medicine (stupid allergies) and brush my teeth.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Will It Ever Change?

yay exciting! she's adorable!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Ok, so when I went in to get her today, I felt really bad for this other one in there because she was looking at me so sad, so I got her too. I named them Tess and Hazel after my grandmothers who have passed. I'll try to post pics either tonight or tomorrow. They're both sooo sweet.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww thats so cool! Its fab that you were adopted by another one too coz rats do best in pairs lol congrats on the new ratties and they are brill names i have one called Tessie or Tess for short lol xxx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Jird Jostler

awww, yay! pictures!!!!

I'm Georgia,
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 08:43 PM
RAT ADDICT

CongRATS!
What cute rat! I look forward to more pictures!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

They are so sweet. Every time I walk by the cage or go in the room, they come to the cage door and stick their little noses through. My dog, Nina, keeps going over there and sticking her face up to the cage and they reach through and try to grab her with their little paws. They're the cutest babies EVER! I'm getting ready to go see if I can get my camera to work. *crosses fingers*

I hope they don't get sick though because one of the other ratties in the cage had an URI or pneumonia. They have been coughing, but I don't hear any wheezing. Petsmart has a 14 day guarantee with their pets so I think tomorrow I may tell them that they're sneezing and coughing and try to work in taking them to their vet, Dr Mills, tomorrow. He's really good with exotics.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Here they are. I'll post pics of the boys on a different thread later.

TESS

HAZEL

TESS AND HAZEL

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I just noticed that Hazel is sitting by her empty food bowl, looking all sad. Just thought I'd point out they took all their food into their igloo.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I changed Hazel's name to Hannah. Somehow I just have a feeling Grandmom wouldn't appreciate me naming a rat after her. I don't think Mawmaw would've minded.

This just brought up an off the wall question (again the ADHD kicking in) what do you guys from other parts of the world call your grandparents? Here we have Granny, Grandmom, Grandad, Pawpaw, Mawmaw, Nana, Peepaw, and of course just Grandma and Grandpa. Are their any other variations elsewhere? I swear I need to sleep. It's almost 4 am and I wide awake with a splitting headache.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Jird Jostler

i call my grandma momar

I'm Georgia,