YAY! rattie updates - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

YAY! rattie updates

Okay this will be where I post new pictures and updates. Well here is a CUTE picture I got yesterday:

And update from today:
Well they have nibbled on the second layer of cloth shelf so much it ripped hehe, They still have a place to lay under there but they cant 'hide' on the right side. So I found a old beanie had(from when I was about 10) and made sure it didnt have anything on it that would hurt them and threw it in there kleenex box sence they don't use it but when I put there treat bowl in there with something in the bowl lol. And I picked each on up first Beanie and then Dash and put them in there and THEY LOVE IT! The beanie hat has a little poof ball on the top and I put that in the 'dark' cozy corner of the kleenex box and they cuddled up to it right off the bat! I am so happy And I messed with them alot but not too much(gave them a 3 hour break, went trail riding lol) and then messed with them again. And they aren't really wanting to be held and before you can get to the cage door they jump out your hand lol. But I just started petting them while they were in the second layer of the cloth shelf and they love being petted. I will get pictures for yall tomorrow promise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Will It Ever Change?

cute pic!! i'm glad they're getting along well, they're just adjusting to the new surroundings. give it a week and they'll be putty in your hands thanks for the update!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 03:42 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Awww, little sweeties! I'm glad they've warmed up to ther new home so quickly, but mind you they are rats, its the least to expect they'll love you right away!lol!
conrats again!
x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys and okay I am being patient =]. I took there cage out of my room for the day because it is dark in there and I don't want them living in the dark 24/7. There cage goes in my room at night and in the morning they go in the office. But I found Dash is the super quick rat so his name matches perfect and Beanie seems to be the gymnastic rattie =].
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Aw I have found out Beanie is the more confident rattie and doesn't mind 'zooming' on your knee to get a peice of bread and running back to HIS kleenex box =] Dash seems to be more un friendly and doesn't want to get on my knee to get his bread instead he wants Beanie to do the work and then steal his bread. So...I am working with them on coming out the cage =] and Beanie seems to be working harder at wanting to then Dash. Here are the pictures I promised:

Beanie found something yummy

beanie wanting bread bad

what a cute Beanie

one of my faves of Beanie

and the other fave:

Dash drinking water and Beanie eating

aw I cut off Beanie's head

4 more coming right up..
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

sorry thats all..i thought there was more. hope you enjoyed the pics
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Very cute! They look like they are having a great time and I'm sure they will learn to adore you very soon.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
laugh often

awww the pics were great thanks for sharing and I am also positive they will learn to adore you it may take time but trust me enjoy it because very soon they will be anting to get out every second they're awake. lol. mine will follow me the best they can all around their cage until I take them out.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Will It Ever Change?

oh *squee*!!!! they are just so darling! beanie is quite the picture poser! and dash is just huggable! give them time they'll come out they're still new. the cage looks GREAT!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys and Dash doesnt like coming near people he dashes back to his shelf lol.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

awwwwww!!! How cutie-shweet! LOL, I luv 'em!
xx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

omg...too cute...

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Messed with them some more today. Didn't mess with them hardly yesterday which is a good thing. Our 'play' sessions need to be shorter. Poor Beanie has some more mucus back in the corner of his left eye. But....
Beanie the rat I thought would be the easiest when I took him out the cage...was the worst he jumped on the floor and I had to grab him really fast so he wouldnt get loose and Dash was the one I didnt think would be all cool and calm as a cucumber was lol he just sat against my arm for a bit sniffing and I was petting him and then he started walking around and then he stayed still for a bit and then I put him back in his cage which is NOT what I thought would happen LOL. Dash stayed out longer then Beanie, Beanie scared me!
Oh yea and here are some pictures from them after this little play time:

aw such a baby face:

enjoy

Last edited by manyjumps93; 04-30-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: adding pictures
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, Beanie's ears look so big on his head.

Maureen

Six new rats