Yey! Everything's finally paired up and set up how I want it! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yey! Everything's finally paired up and set up how I want it!

Okay, I've had my rats and my cages all spread out every which way for ever now! First two of my females were separated for labor, delivery, and feeding. Then several of my boys came down with URI and had to be separated. Then Gretel tried to eat Izzy and did a pretty good job of it with part of her ear, so Izzy was separated! It was awful, all these lonely individual babies starved for socialization.

Well everyone's great now! No, URI, no little babies (we kept 2 but they're bigger now!) No recent fights so I finally got to set my cages up how I want them. I have figgy in with his son favorite in a big cage. I have one huge ferret cage that has Gretel, Agatha, Agnes, Lucy, and Cherry. I finally put Rat Fink (my delicate hairless boy) in with Vladimir and they are getting along amazingly for two nearly grown males! And Izzy is in with the little female baby we kept, Clarice. They are so sweet together! Clarice adores Izzy, lets her eat first, follows her around, etc. They even escape together! I woke up a few mornings ago and they had gotten out of their cage and were curled up asleep together in one of my little carriers that still had a fleece blanket in it, soo cute!

Also I have really customized some of my cages. I have really found that my little darlings LOVE bird toys. I got swing perches and mirrors with bells and hanging toys that you hide treats in so that they have to figure out how to get them out, etc. I also hung some of those plastic baskets everyone is using (think maybe it started with clairbee?) with fleece in them for extra bed space. Everyone is just ecstatic with the new additions!

It feels so great to go from having several sick or injured and not having anything set up how I want it to having all my babies happy and healthy at the same time and all with new toys and cage set ups. Yay! I'm going to be updating y'all on pictures on the babies (who are soo big now), my hairless guys who have changed and grown, etc, and some of my cages now that they are soo awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Glad things are working out for you hun!
Yeah my boy loves baskets as well as my novo now.
I use shredded paper in them so they can rearrange the paper into wee nests for themselves i think i was the one who started baskets here ! LOL im glad because my ratties love them and im sure yours do aswell!! xx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."

Tags
cage set up, introductions