Yikes!!!!!!!! HELP - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Is it possible for someone to help take the picture while you hold the tail up? I would love to see pictures of them though! Also about mom trying to bite, it could be a possible sign of double breeding, but also just that she is stressed. One of my mice accidentally got double bred and she nipped at me for the first and only time in her life. Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I could try that. i just don't wanna hold them by the tail for to long they are so tiny

Pet's name: Candy

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

at about a good week old when they have some good hair you'll see the teets on the grils. Males some times take a little longer. Out of 14 I have 13 left I seen the moms munching on a baby yesterday. yick but they proably since they were feeder rescues not properly feed before and one coudl have passed they will somes eat or kill a week one that has something wrong that we cant see. Or if it dies it puts what ever they need back it there body icky yes but benifical to them. Although if I find one that is dead I quickly remove it. You can give her eggs, and dog biscets for extra to help keep her body up and help her with her milk. here is my site on it you find at the bottom of the home page the link to the American Fancy Rat nad Muse assosion AFRMA they have lots of great stuff and they should have a thing on sexing. and stuff you can feed your mommy mousr to help her out while she is nursing a weaning them later.
Diamond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I understand. How old are they now? DO they have fur? Are there eyes opening yet?

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:17 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterose View Post
ok i checked and it was really hard to tell. but i think we have 4 girls and one boy. one little unknown was dead. I am really uncertain about my sexing attempt though. Is there anyone in ct willing to come check. they won't stay still long enough for a pic i'll try in a couple days when i try and sex again. looks like there will be 1 silver one and the rest have black on them
When they are just getting their fur in and have smooth belly fur,you will be able to see "dots" on the females,which are nipples...or will be nipples when they are older.Males do not have these.That is an easy way to sex them when they are young and just getting their fur.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Also like VanillaRat said, when you do that you can put them in am aquarium with no bedding and then lift it over your head and look at them from underneath

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

mommy mice or any critter cna become protective over there babys. Even thought mine are use to me they sometimes give me a nip here and there. that sounds liek a good idea to put them in something they cant get out of and look under it to see there bellys.
I love watching them grown and open their eyes and then when they start to try solid food they hold their tiny tiny paws up. I cant wait tilll mine get bigger I have been able to handle them know beucase the mommys have really warmed up to me. I have to update my mouse site and as soon as I do I'll post pictures of them. they apear to be all white except for 3 black and tan but some look liek they may be satin or a like cream but tey coudl jsut be an of white thought.
If mom was double breed then make shure you keep the foods comign she will need a lot of storing up to have a little back to back. I have had litters like that from when I rescued them from teh feeder bins where they had babies after I got them or some were girls that were very young adn I thougth they were boys. But after havig a couple litters and being able to tell the hardest of ones I got better at sexing them. The dwarf hamsters a little harder for me but thank God for a frined that knows how tell when i cant.
Good luck with them.
Diamond

Tags
babies, mice, not a dude, unknown