20 posts to post a pictures = spam.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Paw-Talk.Net Tech Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

20 posts to post a pictures = spam..

so I just joined and want help but I can't post pictures of my gerbil. What stupidity that you need 20 posts to post a link. So if I spam the forums with garbage that allows me to post a link?? Doesn't make sense and pretty annoying. my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

There's a reason for the rule.
If you spam the forum you'll just get the posts deleted or maybe even get banned...
And this is a forum It's mostly meant for people to post questions and stuff like that

By the way - gerbils are very social, you should have at least 2 together...

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchi View Post
There's a reason for the rule.
If you spam the forum you'll just get the posts deleted or maybe even get banned...
And this is a forum It's mostly meant for people to post questions and stuff like that

By the way - gerbils are very social, you should have at least 2 together...
Well I wanted to post pictures in another thread with questions and a video but it wont let me so w.e. But yeah originally I was going to get two but they did not get along and the store was fresh out of gerbils. I'm just concerned that if I get one and bring it home and they fight, that it will be too late and I will be stuck with fighting gerbils. Its a 10 gallon aquarium so the split cage won't work either so they'd just have to get along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:12 AM
RAT ADDICT

Personally 20 posts is not a lot if you want to post pictures.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Personally 20 posts is not a lot if you want to post pictures.
well I came to this forum to ask a few questions on gerbils and stay active in this part of the forum. I don't know what else to post to get 20 posts... Its basically spam because I usually would not post so much and now I have to find a way to get 20 posts, wtf? Maybe the admins should work more on preventing spam then preventing quality forum posts? I have seen forums that make the first couple posts of new users with photos be put under admin review before being posted. There are better ways to deal with this then by reducing the quality of the forums...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Part of the Pack

You are up to 4 already!! When I joined I utilized some of the other threads in the watercooler section to share thoughts and what not. I'm not an active poster here or anywhere else so it took me a longer than most to share pics and links with the community.

Say hello in the Introductions thread and share a bit about your passion for the little critters you have had and get to know the others who are here. Don't be shy!

Last edited by Zylca; 07-14-2010 at 12:34 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

I really don't see why it has to be a big deal?
I mean we all had to have 20 posts before we could post pictures.
Just join in discussions and reply to people's posts or as Zylca said,post an intro...posting like 20 posts is not spam,unless you post the exact same thing over and over.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM
is a little "special"

If you really need us to see pictures, post the pics URL with spaces in between some of the letters... We can take out the spaces and see the pics that way.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Betta Bomb

You can go ahead and ask what you wanted to ask and we'll all try to help best we can.. Also, welcome to the forum
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
You can go ahead and ask what you wanted to ask and we'll all try to help best we can.. Also, welcome to the forum
Haha thank you. Its not that im a grumpy person or anything but for future members it will cause more harm then good. Take this thread as an example(paw-talk. net /forums/f13/looking-for-assistance-concerning-a-potential-pregnancy-56859.html) where the poster can't put pictures of its potential pregnant hamster.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Betta Bomb

I see... It's still a spam-prevention aid as the admins are trying their best to keep the site safe and enjoyable and still enjoy their own lives outside computer land!! Imagine yourself in their shoes and in a convenience setting= waiting on an admin to come along and check a potential picture poster?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello Earthling

Also if you really need to post a picture you can PM a member who can post links and they can post the link.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Lovin' my pack!

It really takes no time at all to reach 20 posts... I think just about everybody has had personal experiences with alot of different kind of animals there are on this forum in their lifetime...just read em and give your opinions or advice.We'd like to get to know ya anyways!! BTW...Welcome to the forum!!

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Problem is, that if they allow people to post links and pics from post one again, we'll get some very annoying posts again, where people spam the forum with shop related topics, or random good for nothing pictures of their animals.

Do not get me wrong, animals are cute and I do not mind looking at them But mindless posts with pictures can be very annoying.

It will cause problems from time to time, like with you, and that's a problem yes. But rather a few problems than a lot of spam

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Curmudgeon

If posting a picture is the highlight of what you have to contribute to the forum, ...you may not find this forum as rewarding as you think.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.