**Please read** - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

**Please read**

We recently bought 5 critter canteen water bottles for the chinchillas. We figured that soaking them in a water/soap solution and then letting water run through the tube and rinsing out the bottles would be enough.

*It wasn't.*

Everyone talking about stuff being left behind in the chinchilla cages from the factory got me thinking about the water bottles. I figured since it was recommended that you scrubb the cages instead of just spraying and washing- I would scrubb all the chin bottles and tubes, and you would not believe what was in the tubes. It made me sick.

When I shoved the brush in the tubes, greyish black soap bubbles came out. I don't know what it was because it was only in TWO of the tubes. The others were fine. Im sure a little dirty, but it was nothing visable to the naked eye.

Im posting this to let everyone know that soaking them, even in boiling water, isn't enough. They need to be scrubbed on a regular basis- ESPECIALLY after buying.

After you scrub them, put your finger on the ball in the tube and push it up so that fresh water can run through it until there is no soap left. Then, in some bottles, they have that rubber stopper where the bottle and the plastic part of the tube come together. Get a butter knife and get that rubber thing out because soap is hiding in it.

Please pass this info on to anyone using water bottles. I'd hate for anyone's chins to get sick because of this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement