4 new chins! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

4 new chins!

I got 4 new chins yesterday from Ralph Shoots along with a set of breeding runs. So, I thought I would share.
First is the Breeding Runs (normally would be put end to end, but I stacked them to save space while quarentining)
Then we have Sage, Skye, Sam (Samantha) and our male Jax!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Playful Pup

Beautiful!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwwww! They are such beautiful chinnies!!! Such cute names they have!!! Congratulations!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 07:21 PM

Awww congrats they are gorgeous. Ralph Shoots does have nice chins, Pokey and her mom picked me up a female in December when they went up and I am very happy with her,
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 07:02 AM
Proud New Mommy

I love Ralph's chins but I don't think I could bring myself into buying from him... His chins are very beautiful though and that black velvet... I couldn't keep my eyes away!!

Congrats on the new chinnies and the cages.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Why do you think you couldn't bring yourself to buy from him? I know that he is SO not what I pictured him to be like! He and his wife Barbara are very sweet and wonderful people who although they pelt, they take excellent care of their animals and really do have what's best for them at heart. You would be surprised! I was! I pictured them to be rough looking pelters with skins hanging off vests and stuff! LOL I was totally wrong! As it was, a smaller breeder wore a rabbit fur vest to the seminar and Mr Shoots was really surprised she was wearing it! He knows how a lot of us are smaller breeders and don't pelt and is totally respectful of it. We need to be at least tolerant of the pelters and ranchers as well...Although I will NEVER pelt my animals, I do know that his are very well taken care of especially since their quality is #1! He wanted to be sure I had EVERYTHING they could possibly need to make sure they were well cared for. Also, the 4 I got will now never be pelted and they have forever homes with me, long after they are retired from breeding. So if it is a pelter thing, rest assured, these animals are a lot more loved than you may think...he and his wife are very gentle and caring even though the chins are their business. I hope this doesn't sound like I am debating the issue here, I was just really surpised myself! LOL

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Wowie Mandie!! They're stunning! I am in LOVE with that BV you have there. Congrats!

Stephanie

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Newborn Pup

Like everyone else I have to say the BV is my favorite. Shes so cute!!

Meg Henry

"Somewhere along the line I abandoned the idea that perfection is made apparent through our outer shells. Does perfection even exist? And who defines perfection anyway? When things are perfect, everything has the opportunity to go awry.."
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I love her too! The BV (Sage) is SO pretty! He let me choose between her and a 1st place winner but he and I as well as others agreed that Sage was a better quality girl, she just hasn't proved it in show yet. (she will at York though!)

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

LOL! Want to send her with my order? She is gorgeous, that BV!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Hee hee! Not a chance! Could you imagine the shipping and import fees on her! WOW! Your Chin Nets were finished tonight and Hidey houses will be finished in the morning...I'll post pics before I ship them!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

they are all gorgeous Mandie.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Mr and Mrs. Shoots are wonderful people. I am hoping to maybe live with them when I go to college and kind of be an intern. Since the college I would want to go to is only 15 minutes away from them. Then I could learn everything there is to know about chins!

Did Mrs.Shoots show you the trophy room? LOL I was surprised that they could fit a TV in it. Then she told me the rest were somewhere else

Alicyn

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Proud New Mommy

No. It doesn't sound like you're debating!!

It just hurts me to think that people do that. He does have beautiful chins but I'd feel like whatever I bought from him was telling him that I think it's ok to pelt. I'd feel I'd be supporting him.

I don't disagree with you buying from him- you will be bringing wonderful quality chinchillas and, just as you said, they will now have wonderful homes. I will want one of your black velvet babies!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

PokeyPokey- I met them at the seminar, I haven't made it to their ranch yet, but definetly plan on it in the future!

Rocheal- I understand how you feel, I did at first too, but at the same time, they have homes now If you are serious about getting a Shoots line BV without actually going through Shoots themselves...I can put you on a waiting list for one of Sage's kits...She'll go into breeding after the York show...So, hopefully within the next 6 month she'll either be pregnant or have a litter already. She will be 1 yr old on March 31st so she's ready.

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at

Tags
black velvet