This is for all of the people who have lost a chinchilla.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

This is for all of the people who have lost a chinchilla....

How do you get over it??

I'm at a loss. It hasn't quite hit me yet that Scooter has passed, but I think it'll hit me tomorrow when I look into the cage and not see her there.

I miss her in ways you can't imagine. My husband and I are quite possibly going to go tomorrow to look for an urn for her.

I just need advice on how to move past. I know she'll always be in my heart, I'll always love her and miss her.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hi, I'm very sorry for your loss

Don't try to move past just yet. Take the time to mourn. It's o.k. to cry and be sad. It is a testiment to the love you felt for your baby. Take care.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 10:27 PM
PT's Resident Hermit

i have lost a chin in the past. and i cant tell you how to move on or let her go. but i did lost my best friend in the whole world last year, my beloved jazz, she was a dalmatian. i grew up with her. but i feel i havent let her go yet. i cry everytime i think about her or see another dalmatian. i must find someway to let her go. i cant believe she left me, in the hard times i was going thru.

Kayla

Proud Member of

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I know what you mean BlackStar.

My biggest fear is that she's mad at us for not doing anything sooner. We didn't know. It's hard to look in the cage and not see her there. And it comes at a time where really, nothing has gone right.

We didn't have her long. We had her only a short year. Granted, she gave us three beautiful babies, I worry about what is going to happen to them. I know, they're really not babies anymore, they're 8 months...

But I worry that they're going to be depressed. I know they know something is wrong. But, they're fighters and I think they'll be ok.

I know I won't be ok for a long time, if ever. I miss her like you can't imagine. I just fear that she doesn't know how much she's loved. I pray she knows this. I know God is taking care of her in heaven, and she's with Snowball's baby.

Karen

[

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

8 month old babies should do just fine without their mommy. Are they all the same sex? If not, be sure to seperate them.

I'm sure your chin that passed isn't mad at you. Animals don't think along those lines. She probably enjoyed life to the fullest and took each day as it came. This is how animals are. They don't usually ponder like we humans do. Hang in there.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Ofcourse she knows she was loved! Don't be silly! I'm sure this is a hard time for you, but just enjoy your memories of her, and take time. Don't worry about "getting over it". That will happen on it's own.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I know Scooter knows she was loved, that is w/out a question, so don't think otherwise. The total pain of loss will pass in time, it may never go away but you will find it easier to move foward. When your ready to move foward then you will, in the meantime remember the good times you had with Scooter and be happy that she had a good life if only for a short time with you and that she was well loved and cared for.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Proud New Mommy

Hon, she definately knows she was loved! Everyone knows you love her. I'm so sorry she passed away. It's perfectly fine to cry and let it out. It's best that way- you'll feel better after wards...

I hope you're feeling better today.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

I lost my baby, Logan, about a year ago and I'm still not over losing her. She was my first chinny. I painted a picture (36 inches by 24 inches) of her and I have it on the wall by my bed. That seemed to help my greiving. Cause she's still with me, I just have to look up and there she is, just as big and beautiful as I remember. I posted the pic. in a different thread, she's the chin in my avatar.
But please don't try to find a way to move past, the heart will mend itself, and she will always be with you. I'm so sorry for you!

I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I know I'll never be completely over it. I will always ache for my precious Scooter. I don't know how I'll be able to handle it at work, but I can guarantee at least once throughout the day I'll burst into tears.

I bought the urn today for Scoots. It's simple, but it fits her. I shall be putting her picture on the urn with a silver nameplate that simply says "our angel Scooter."

I also went out and bought a step stone that is a heart. We put an angel in there and we wrote "Our angel Scooter July 10, 2004"

I'm going to paint the letters and paint around the heart. I thought it would be a lovely tribute to a most lovely chinchilla, who was the best mother to her babies.

Karen

[

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's beautiful!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Part of the Pack

I'm so sorry.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas